Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

The value in working with LARGE suppliers vs Small Suppliers!!!

Old 08-31-2003, 04:48 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default The value in working with LARGE suppliers vs Small Suppliers!!!

I orderd Volk wheels for my Mustang in march (6 mo's ago) through a small supplier.... i was told 2-3 months.

the wheels just showed up and...drum roll..... the lug holes were not drilled big enough..and don't fit over my Studs...duh..... so now they need "reworked" as i called it.....

so I said...just take the things back and credit my card....i ordered one thing and got another...plus it took 3-4 months longer than I was quoted.

I would imagine a BIG company would just say...ok and sorry for the inconveince...and plan to sell them to the next guy..maybe for a small discount...... this little company is fighting this thing to the end saying I need to work with them....because they say that VOLK (Mackin) will not take them back...although Makin is the one who mis-built them and misquoted by 3-4 months.???

So they want me to pay $2400 for "reworked" wheels which I would now have to ship back to California, then wait for the rework, then back to me.....then wonder when the wheel is going to fall apart as I drive with my family.!

Rant over..... I learned my lesson about ordering from places who apparenly have low volume and no power over the big guys!

Long live credit card disputes!