Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Why Does Beer Taste So Bad?

Old 07-01-2003, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Does Beer Taste So Bad?

The first beer I ever had was a Corona. That was the most disgusting awful thing I have ever tasted.

People told me that drinking good quality beer makes all the difference in the world so I have tried different beers, including Sleemans, Molson, Bud, this honey cream ale thing, and this maple brewed one from the Granville Island Breweries in Vancouver.

Why do they all smell like poo and taste even worse? I thought that the honey cream ale would be nice and sweet but it's so bitter!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:11 AM

it's an acquired taste I guess...

babies, and my dogs love it...
Old 07-01-2003, 02:10 AM

Received 325 Likes on 275 Posts

It comes with age...over 21 that is.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:19 AM

The legal age is 19 in Canada.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:20 AM

Dude.... what are you smoking... Beer is GOOOOOODdd.

"Back off hoser! Free beer and sausages for everyone"
(Strange Brew is a must see for every new beer drinker in Canada!)
Old 07-01-2003, 04:54 AM

In my opinion, as a first beer, Corona is not a good choice. I can't stand that beer. Plus, I think an icy cold beer tastes especially good after a good hard days work in the summer sun. Actually, a few of them. If I'm not thirsty, beer doesn't appeal to me much.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:54 AM

Stay away from Ale's they are by design bitter.

The Lager/Stout have more body and flavor. Not as bitter.

I stay away from the trash beers like Bud, coors, MGD and such.

You have to try several until you find one that you like. My everyday beer is JW Dundee's Honey Brown. But I like a lot of different types, just like a lot of people like different kinds of wine. I try many different type but for the most part do not like the bitter taste of Ale's.

I don't encourage you to drink, but when you are of the proper age and have accuired a taste for it, it can be a meal enhancer just like a good wine.

BTW: I never get cause I
Old 07-01-2003, 04:59 AM

You have to get used to it, but some people just don't like them. Honestly, I haven't met a woman that ever drinks beer like men do.

It took me about 10 years before I could say Beer is good.

You're lucky to be in Canada, drink your Labatt's and Molson Canadian, those are my two favorite beers.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:12 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the taste of beer, no kidding. I think it is an acquired taste. When I first had it I thought it was disgusting. THat's when I was young and drank it to get drunk. Now I drink beer for the flavor. Corona is my staple beer.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:38 AM

The only alcoholic beverage Ill drink is beer. There are many many brands and varieties out there. Especially at the Beer Store here in Ontario. (over 300 beers at all times I think)
I tried a whole bunch before I found the few really amazing ones to my palate anyway. I really like Maudite by Unibroue in the winter (warms you up like cognac because it's like 9%)
I like Hoegaarden, Stella Artois is pretty good and of course you can't go wrong with Alexandre Keith's India Pale Ale and Molson Canadian.
I'd say it's an acquired tast to some and others just like it right away. My wife despised beer but after trying all the kinds I buy shell drink 2-3 Canadians or Keith's pretty often.

Quick Reply: Why Does Beer Taste So Bad?