Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Car situation

Old 04-20-2004, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, as you know, I made the Dragon run. The shop did a good job on the paint but could not assemble the front bumper, light and fendor in an 6-8 hour timeframe. I did get the car to the Dragon so it's a trade off. I am takng the car back tomorrow for a second attempt. Here is the breakdown on these fellas at THE BODY SHOP in Dublin ,OH.

1. Had everything painted by Thursday the 8th, forgot to paint the structure underneath the hood. Delayed the car a few days to go back to paint.
2. Guy says I should hear from them Tuesday afternoon or Weds morning. I had to call them Thursday afternoon after I drove by at noon and saw the car outside with bumper off. They said they just started on it (1:30pm) . Called me at 4:45pm and said the bumper was not lining up right and the guy would come in early Friday to try again.
3. Went to get the car at 10:30am, paint looked good, front plate was on the car (which was not on there when i took it in, it was in the trunk) and the bumper had a gouge where it meets the right fendor.
4. The hood did not fit right on the right side. I late found out the light was on wrong causing the fendor to sit high, causing the hood to look low.
5. I had them remove the front plate and when they did, the bumper was scratched all to hell.
6. They left off the rubber seal that fits between the hood and bumper to keep water out of the engine bay. He said they had all the parts they took off and did not throw anything away, but did not have it. (I guess it vanished.)
7. The black plastic liner that attaches the the bumper underneath to keep rocks and such from coming up and hitting the engine is missing a bolt in the middle and is hanging down.
8. lastnight , i pulled into the gargage in the jeep and my wife says, "what is that hanging from your car". The black mud flap thing that attaches to the bumper in front of the wheels was hanging down. I grabbled it with one hand and it came right off. How it lasted the trip to the Dragon, I will never know. The bolts were not tightened. I think they are the wrong bolts anyway.
9 . So, they have ordered the missing liner, and should refit everything weds or thursday. i bet they have to repaint the bumper and will have the car over a week at least. FUN stuff! At least i made the dragon.
and oh yes,
DO NOT USE THE BODY SHOP IN DUBLIN, OH!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude...dont sweat this crap if the car is still messed up when you get it back, we can take care of it at the mod day. I hear horror stories like this all the time from people wanting advice for what to do and I tell them not to go back because each time you get the car back there seems to be more wrong with it.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by SanMarinoCpe
I tell them not to go back because each time you get the car back there seems to be more wrong with it.
That was my advice. david1 and I could have put it back together. Either that or have you guys do it on mod day.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:04 PM

yeah, the only thing guys is the scratched paint on the front bumper. that is the issue or i would not have taken it back at all.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SanMarinoCpe
Dude...dont sweat this crap if the car is still messed up when you get it back, we can take care of it at the mod day. I hear horror stories like this all the time from people wanting advice for what to do and I tell them not to go back because each time you get the car back there seems to be more wrong with it.
...this is why it's not so bad to live in cleveland (except then you have to put up with me )
Old 04-20-2004, 04:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

So much anger~

So did you put your foot in his a$$ like you promised?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:43 PM

Tomorrow, foot will be inserted...I will take pics.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:46 PM

examples

Old 04-20-2004, 05:53 PM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by ROGUE3308
Tomorrow, foot will be inserted...I will take pics.
Sorry for all the trouble your having , but I can't wait to see the pics !!!
Old 04-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Former Moderator

Received 145 Likes on 116 Posts

Any update?

Quick Reply: Car situation