Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Front Liscense Plate

Old 04-22-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Liscense Plate

This may have been covered before so I apologize if it has. My "new" '06 that I bought a couple of weeks ago does not have a front liscense plate bracket on the front. It is in the trunk in a box, along with my plate.
What has been the experience of you Ohio owners as far as the police hasseling or not hasseling you for not having the front liscense plate displayed.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:45 PM

No problems thus far, though it is the law and those who do like to enforce it are the State Highway patrol, if u do get pulled over it's $75 bucks right away for the violation, but have yet to get pulled over for it, knock on wood. Dont do anything stupid for them to pull you over, or they will add that onto whatever else u get pulled over for.
Congrats on a "new" 06
Old 04-22-2007, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the NE Ohio area, I used to run no front plate, after the 3rd ticket I just gave in to it. if you do want your front plate, you can remove those 2 little plastic pieces from the front bumper (painted to match), they will reveal the threads for the bolts to mount the bracket...you can also switch to something smaller, depending on your taste...here's a pic of mine w/ a Rick's bracket:

Old 04-23-2007, 04:22 AM
Former Moderator

I received a ticket as well after about 3 years of no front plate.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumbalius,Apr 22 2007, 11:45 PM
No problems thus far, though it is the law and those who do like to enforce it are the State Highway patrol, if u do get pulled over it's $75 bucks right away for the violation, but have yet to get pulled over for it, knock on wood. Dont do anything stupid for them to pull you over, or they will add that onto whatever else u get pulled over for.
Congrats on a "new" 06
They can pull you over for just not having the front plate. They do not need any other reason just as they can pull you over for not wearing your seat belt. This changed some time ago. My wife and about 50 other cars were all stopped coming out of one of the Cleveland Clinic parking garages by the Cleveland's finest. Waited 445 minutes to get her ticket. Then they did it again the next day at another garage. It was eighty bucks and the city even set up a phone number just for "improper front plate display". After that, I run the front plate on my wif's cars.

Columbus cops will also stop you for no front plate. There are a couple of guys that enforce it with a pasion. One even yelled to me that I "better get my front plate on and he had a car pulled over that had no front plate on. Worthington cops will turn around and give chase for no front plate, It's really bad there especially if you are near Old Worthington.

Over the years I have probably donated 300 bucks for no front plate.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:17 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

We need a front plate ? I don't run one and like James never get hasseled. However many do get pulled over. I guess it has a lot t do with where you live. It seems like the smaller the town the less likelihood you get stopped.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:28 AM

Well as for Columbus PD, i will be working there this fall, so that should keep ME from getting one, just saying thus far, i have not had a problem, and if i do, i have it in my car with me anyways, takes a minute to cooperate with the officer and put it on, lol.... but good points David!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Jumbalius,Apr 23 2007, 09:28 AM
and if i do, i have it in my car with me anyways, takes a minute to cooperate with the officer and put it on, lol.... but good points David!
That trick doesn't work
Old 04-23-2007, 05:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a trick I've heard works for no front plate tickets...

Keep your plate in the trunk, and possibly the bracket- and when asked why you're not running a front plate, tell the officer that you'd just gotten your car back from the body shop where you'd gotten the front bumper repaired from a recent accident. The reason you don't have your plate is that you're still awaiting the arrival of your license plate bracket, which happened to have been damanger in the accident, from Japan.

And i'm sure you won't get a ticket for no front plate because you don't have a yellow car. Right, Rich?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by S2KBDub,Apr 23 2007, 09:49 AM

And i'm sure you won't get a ticket for no front plate because you don't have a yellow car. Right, Rich?

Quick Reply: Front Liscense Plate