Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Hey guys im new here

Old 10-13-2002, 04:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We do, but it has been slow.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of curiosity, how many people are in the Central OH chapter of the S2ki club? I'm interested in helping to start up a Cincinnati chapter if possible, but there just doesn't seem to be too many people down here.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by sexytoy
You guys really DON'T post here do you????

Not sure what you mean We post everywhere we can Where in Marysville are you?? I have the Spa you will always see blow by at lightning fast speeds somewhat recklessly j/k..............

Where are you getting yours from? Be careful on the break in and you won't regret it.

Welcome
Old 10-13-2002, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by junehhan
Out of curiosity, how many people are in the Central OH chapter of the S2ki club? I'm interested in helping to start up a Cincinnati chapter if possible, but there just doesn't seem to be too many people down here.
June, pretty much everybody you saw on Sat on the drive are the people of the club. There are a couple more who could not make it, but like David1 said, we had not met since May. Too much to do and too little time...............best of luck organizing the club. I learned alot this trip from OhioRacer. Maybe we will do something at a dealership befor snow falls...........
Old 10-14-2002, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, we need more s2k in this area, but for me my car is still stuck in NJ and wont be here for a while. However still keep me posted about upcoming events and stuff
Old 10-14-2002, 11:50 AM

Yeah, the people at the drive on Saturday were the core group of Columbus S2000 owners. We have met a few others that couldn't make it that day and a few more that we met once but haven't heard from since. It's not really a formal car club at this point. That might be something we'd want to look into if we can get some momentum going and plan some more events. At this point, we are just an informal group of owners who tend to hover around s2ki.com.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:07 PM

I'm over in Green Pastures.

I'm actually getting it tomorrow around 6pm at the dealer in Marion (Mathews Kennedy) They've been the BEST dealer I've ever been to. This is the second car we've bought there, I've referred a friend and I dropped about 3k on fixing my winter car (92 prelude).

What's the break in period on these? I know on the 01 prelude that I didn't drive the piss out of it until after about 5k miles were on it =)

I'm real big on having get togethers. It's a good way to meet other people with similar interests... I've headed up the Ohio Prelude Owners group (www.preludepassion) and also (somehow) admin honda-prelude.com ... so if there's a big enough interest I could get a site up specifically for Ohio S2k owners in no time at all... =) All the Prelude guys are calling me a traitor this week!!!!
Old 10-14-2002, 09:17 PM

Congradulations on your decision as you won't regret it. Heck, once you leave the dealer lot, you'll wonder why you didn't pick one up earlier. The Prelude is a beautiful car as well, but you won't miss it after this. As far as breaking it in goes, the manual states not to take it over 5500rpms for the first 650 miles, which literally means you can't vtec it. It also states to avoid WOT acceleration, and sudden stops during break-in as well. There is currently a debate, but the factory fill oil is supposed to contain a special moly additive and Honda advises you not to change you oil before the recommended interval for the first oil change, 3750 miles under severe conditions, and 7500 miles under normal conditions. Because we live in OH, we are going to fall under the severe category anyway. You should have purchased it by now, how do you like it?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sexytoy
[B]I'm over in Green Pastures.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:25 PM

Love it! Brought it home tonight....

rest of the pics are at http://www.preludepassion.com/s2000.htm
Old 10-15-2002, 05:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey sexytoy, did the dealer give you the caps for the bumper if you decide to take the front licence bracket off? Also, check to make sure all of the spring spacers have been removed.

Quick Reply: Hey guys im new here