Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

I am...

Old 05-24-2016, 03:55 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Speaking of goodies: I am assuming most people have a true price they paid for their parts, and a 'wife price' that's just some random number we feel comfortable letting them know. Is this correct? Or am I alone?

...waiting on my RE-71R's and catch can to come in. Gonna put those and these koni yellows with comptech springs on and see how she does. Excited!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:28 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta
the Forgestars look good, and the fit is good, but please inspect them frequently for cracks
absolutely. they did confirm that the guy who cracked his, had the original mold...apparently there are two, and it changed in '14. All of mine are the newer, stronger mold so here's to hoping...
Old 05-24-2016, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk180
Speaking of goodies: I am assuming most people have a true price they paid for their parts, and a 'wife price' that's just some random number we feel comfortable letting them know. Is this correct? Or am I alone?

...waiting on my RE-71R's and catch can to come in. Gonna put those and these koni yellows with comptech springs on and see how she does. Excited!
You are not alone my friend.
Wife: How much were those wheels?
Me: Oh, just a few hundred.
Wife: By few hundred you mean $300? With the tires? and those thingies that screw the wheels on?
Me: Yes they came with the tires and thingies. Craigslist.
Wife: Is that a new watch?
Me: No...had it for a year or two now.
Wife: How much was that?
Me: Uhhhh...well...I bought it on Ebay a while back but I think it was a couple hundred bucks. I wear it all the time - you just don't pay attention to me at all. LOOK! there's a fox in our yard!!!...oh, I guess it's just the neighbors dog. Would you like a glass of wine? We need to get some better tires for these wheels - the Continentals are just all seasons - we need some extreme performance summer tires like RE-71R's - they'll be safer when we take turns at 70. How do you like this wine?

Unfortunately she is way smarter than I am...none of this crap actually works.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:29 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

..... excited from this weekend at Road America. Won my Time Trial Class. Set a new track record. Won two tires.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx3RKcz-3-E[/media]
Old 05-24-2016, 06:50 AM

Congrats. I'd really like to see the dash cluster while you are driving to see the RPM's and speed. Try telling your wife that another camera is important for your safety. Or, I'd loan you my gopro - I never use it cause I never do anything this cool.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by t777jb
Congrats. I'd really like to see the dash cluster while you are driving to see the RPM's and speed. Try telling your wife that another camera is important for your safety. Or, I'd loan you my gopro - I never use it cause I never do anything this cool.
WOW, full screen on youtube and you can see the dash - that is f'ing awesome. Nice job.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:42 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by t777jb
Originally Posted by t777jb' timestamp='1464101447' post='23975071
WOW, full screen on youtube and you can see the dash - that is f'ing awesome. Nice job.
Thanks! I'm real happy with my new camera position. It's also cut down on some of the awful booming from the previous spot.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:55 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

congrats on the track record! great driving
Old 05-25-2016, 05:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cograts, but I think those wiper blades being on the car are slowing you down a tenth!
Old 05-25-2016, 11:42 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Minicoop19
... doing a full fluids change, post up what fluids you use where. I've done a lot of searching and have some idea of what I think I'll do, but I'd like to hear from some fellow Ohioans lol.
For what it's worth, Mocky and Blue posted what they use here. I also looked at Billman's suggestions, which are here.

I'm in the process of changing out all my fluids myself (recently bought my car), so I don't have much experience to share, but this is what I've switched to/planning on switching to based on those suggestions:

Oil: Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 10W30 Motor Oil
Oil Filter: Honda 15400-PCX-004
Diff: Mobil 1 75w-90
Trans: Honda MTF
Brake/Clutch: Motul RBF600
Coolant: Honda OES Genuine Coolant/Antifreeze (Type 2 Blue)

Quick Reply: I am...