Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Route 26 Spring Drive "Official" Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 07:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Mocky57
btw..i was wondering..how many people are running solo, and how many are running with people. My friend just started a new relationship and he's become "unavailable" this weekend. Come to think of it, I don't think he even comes out of his room anymore. He keeps calling in sick.
I haven't been tracking guests, but my guess is around 50%. Maybe a little less. Are you referring to Kevin? Is he out?
Old 06-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 142 Likes on 116 Posts

no no..kevin's still in..did he get the paperwork to you?
he's got his own s2k... once it overcomes its fear of water and gets a wash, he'll be all set to roll..
Old 06-04-2003, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by OhioRacer
I am pleased to make another announcement regarding donated door prizes. dwb1 is donating stainless steel brake lines from his company Pinnacle Braking Systems.
Some clarification on the door prize subject: This is from Chapter 4, paragraph 2 subsection E of the official Northeast Ohio S2K rulebook: "Door prizes must be made available in versions applicable for all various types of automotive transport attending said event."

In other words, this stuff better fit my car!

Stay tuned, I have a bumper sticker idea I've been working on for a while. This sounds like a good time to maybe present it.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:39 AM
Former Moderator

off curiousity, are there any drivers on the cleveland east side that are heading down to belden village mall in the morning? it doesn't help that excluding auto-x, I never go to Akron.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Former Moderator

thanks
Old 06-04-2003, 11:20 AM

off curiousity, are there any drivers on the cleveland east side that are heading down to belden village mall in the morning? it doesn't help that excluding auto-x, I never go to Akron.
I'm on the east side (Macedonia - Route 8). JonasM is east side as is Mule (Viper-man). It's faster to take route 8 to I77 from the east as opposed to taking 271 to 77. It's a roundabout way. We could meet at the BP station at the 303 exit from Route 8 in Boston Heights.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waybrig
[B]

Some clarification on the door prize subject:
Old 06-04-2003, 11:24 AM

no no..kevin's still in..did he get the paperwork to you?
he's got his own s2k... once it overcomes its fear of water and gets a wash, he'll be all set to roll..
Negative. And time is running out. I probably will not be in my office Friday so today and tomorrow are IT. No forms, do drive.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:34 AM

Some late thoughts on Saturday's drive:

Who's bringing 2-way radios?

Brad: The highest percentage of people placed themselves in the "Moderate" group. Which doesn't surprise me. Some are probably too afraid to put themselves into the aggressive group, not knowing what that's all about and some are not interested in slopoke drives so they opted for Moderate. My guess is that as we proceed, the Moderate group will need to split into Moderate-A and Moderate-B. Those seeking a little more adventure will want A and those less adventurous will want B. What do you think is the best and safest way to do this? Should we plan to stop along the way and re-sort, or should we just leave it up to people to maybe flash their lights to the person ahead of them and pass? I will be happy to lead Moderate-A. I did pretty well last year keeping the aggressive group in sight. Who wants to lead Moderate-B and who wants to lead Sightseeing?

Should we go over stuff like this at the Super 8 parking lot?

Suggestion: Get your gas BEFORE joining up at the Super 8. There are a couple stations right on the road there. It will make it much easier than trying to stuff a bunch of cars in the gas station and then trying to re-convene at the Super 8.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Former Moderator

that's ok.. if he doesn't provide, he doesn't drive... no loss to me. i know that i finally got my information in so that's all matters to me. (finally)

um... i'd love to meet you guys if you don't mind.. super 8. is that the hotel by the bp, across from the bob evans or something?
what time will you guys be there?
pray for sunny weather... i ordered my S02's..but i won't have them on until next weekend.. 11k on oem tires should provide lots of excitement in adverse weather.

Quick Reply: Route 26 Spring Drive "Official" Thread