Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Route 26 Spring Drive "Official" Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 12:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Mocky57
that's ok.. if he doesn't provide, he doesn't drive... no loss to me. i know that i finally got my information in so that's all matters to me. (finally)

um... i'd love to meet you guys if you don't mind.. super 8. is that the hotel by the bp, across from the bob evans or something?
what time will you guys be there?
pray for sunny weather... i ordered my S02's..but i won't have them on until next weekend.. 11k on oem tires should provide lots of excitement in adverse weather.
Read the very top post. The Super 8 is the hotel parking lot in Cambridge Ohio where all the Cleveland people are meeting the Columbus, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Virginia Beach people. It is the final staging area prior to the run. For northeast Ohio folks, our meeting place is at Belden Village Mall in Canton off I77. Prior to that, if east siders (JonasM, waybrig, OhioRacer, dwb1, Mocky57, Mule etc.) want to meet off Route 8 that can be accomplished too, but we need to hear from others 1st. If we can't pull that off, then we'll just catch up at Belden Village. Does that make sense?
Old 06-04-2003, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by OhioRacer

Chapter 1, section 4a, paragraph 3, clearly states, "any porche owners who are speeding on Route 82 past the Chrysler plant in Twinsburg and do not wave to passing silver BMW's are to be banned from participation in all S2000 events". Man, be careful through there. Twinsburg police are all over that road with radar.
Ok, I'm confused. When was this? I am pretty careful around there. Suprisingly I find myself speeding less in the Porsche than in the Civic.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:31 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waybrig
[B]

Ok, I'm confused.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:45 PM

ROTFLMAO. Joke's on you. Do you really think I'd have my Porsche out in this kind of weather?
Old 06-04-2003, 12:47 PM

Some late thoughts on Saturday's drive:

Who's bringing 2-way radios?

Brad: The highest percentage of people placed themselves in the "Moderate" group. Which doesn't surprise me. Some are probably too afraid to put themselves into the aggressive group, not knowing what that's all about and some are not interested in slopoke drives so they opted for Moderate. My guess is that as we proceed, the Moderate group will need to split into Moderate-A and Moderate-B. Those seeking a little more adventure will want A and those less adventurous will want B. What do you think is the best and safest way to do this? Should we plan to stop along the way and re-sort, or should we just leave it up to people to maybe flash their lights to the person ahead of them and pass? I will be happy to lead Moderate-A. I did pretty well last year keeping the aggressive group in sight. Who wants to lead Moderate-B and who wants to lead Sightseeing?
I'm not sure how you NASCAR fans count Carmen. I'm counting 9 aggressive and 10 moderate. Pretty even. Anyway, Woodsfield is a pretty natural place to re-assess everyone's driving position. By that time everybody should have a pretty good idea of what is going on. Other than that, I would go for the flash lights/wave a person by during the run.

I don't think it's a good idea to add another staging area around Rt. 8, 303. Every meeting area adds time as you meet, wait for others, chat, etc... We need to put more detailed notes about where the Belden meeting place is in the first post here. Other than that, if people can find I-77, they won't have a problem.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:48 PM

Since we have so many "newbies" coming on the drive, how do y'all feel about wearing those goofy name tags that say, "Hi, my name is dick head"?
Fine by me, but I respond to Asshole, not Dick Head!

I will be bringing my Motorola FRS radio. I only have the one, though.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Former Moderator

Received 142 Likes on 116 Posts

okie dokie.. just put me in my place... just let me know where i need to be and at what time... i'll be wherever/whenever...
gotta remember to take the stupid solo radar detector off and swap it with the 8500... too bad the cable runs right down the middle of the car

woohoo... hump day... we're almost to saturday!!
Old 06-04-2003, 01:52 PM

[B]ROTFLMAO.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:53 PM

[B]

I'm not sure how you NASCAR fans count Carmen.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:26 PM

HI

Hi guys and girls, I have not checked my PM's yet, but will get the info to the NAZI guy
I can drive in the aggressive group, buy my tires may say moderate. I will be getting more in the next month. So, I dont want to slip and slide to much They are not that bad, just not wanting to slip.

HTG said the meeting place in the am Sat is The super 8 in Cambridge which is where I will stay Friday night. Someone Go to the movies with me or let me know where ya'll will be. I hope to arrive by 6pm or so.

I have and will bring an FRS radio also. Oh yeah and some sun!!

April

Quick Reply: Route 26 Spring Drive "Official" Thread