Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Rt. 26 or Rt. 555 Ohio Drive

Old 03-23-2012, 07:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rt. 26 or Rt. 555 Ohio Drive

I hate to bring up the dreaded Ohio Rt 26 or 555 drive, but I feel like its time to perhaps start planning it. We like to talk about it, but nothing ever happens.

So we need to figure out possible dates and a route.

I do remember hearing that perhaps a 555 north drive to 78 east would be a good route.

Do we all want to meet in Marrietta on a friday night and stay there and leave from there on Saturday morning and do our group drive and end early enough to give people enough time to make it back to their homes Saturday night?
Do we do our drive on Saturday, like before, and stay and hang out there Saturday night and head home Sunday morning?

I think BlueBarchetta said he has a good suggeested route to take. Is there any other sights we'd like to take in, like scenic spots or resturants?

I personally would rather do the drive sooner than later, April, May or June. April will be tough with most of the group doing the WTD, but its early in the month, so who knows.

Please add your feedback and lets try to iron out a few possibilities.

Preferred route?
Month? Which weekend?
Departure for home day, Saturday or Sunday?

Depending on group size, should we break up into multiple groups? A faster group and a more leisurely pace? or multiple smaller groups?

TheLast13
Old 03-24-2012, 04:29 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLast13
I hate to bring up the dreaded Ohio Rt 26 or 555 drive, but I feel like its time to perhaps start planning it. We like to talk about it, but nothing ever happens.

So we need to figure out possible dates and a route.

I do remember hearing that perhaps a 555 north drive to 78 east would be a good route.

Do we all want to meet in Marrietta on a friday night and stay there and leave from there on Saturday morning and do our group drive and end early enough to give people enough time to make it back to their homes Saturday night?
Do we do our drive on Saturday, like before, and stay and hang out there Saturday night and head home Sunday morning?

I think BlueBarchetta said he has a good suggeested route to take. Is there any other sights we'd like to take in, like scenic spots or resturants?

I personally would rather do the drive sooner than later, April, May or June. April will be tough with most of the group doing the WTD, but its early in the month, so who knows.

Please add your feedback and lets try to iron out a few possibilities.

Preferred route?
Month? Which weekend?
Departure for home day, Saturday or Sunday?

Depending on group size, should we break up into multiple groups? A faster group and a more leisurely pace? or multiple smaller groups?

TheLast13

This is the same run you are trying to set-up !!! I can truly say....this is a HUGE event...Been there several times....

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/938...2-date-change/
Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You beat me to it, Looter. The Seventh Annual Tomcatt Run on Route 26 is scheduled for June 24-25 (the weekend after Father's Day).
Old 03-26-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anywhere i can get more info on this? Tried searching, didn't find much.. I'm new to Ohio and would love to join on one of these epic cruises
Old 03-27-2012, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by jpembry
Anywhere i can get more info on this? Tried searching, didn't find much.. I'm new to Ohio and would love to join on one of these epic cruises

Just starting plans for this...Keep an eye on this thread....

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/938...2-date-change/
Old 03-27-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

But do you guys really want us youngins' coming along?

Its in the vintage owners forum for a reason, probably.

Maybe we should just do our own.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 PM

Always "young-uns" there !!!!
....besides, you may be just a bit surprised, how some of us Ol' folks drive....
.....just in case you want to plan, on your own....26 absolutely sucks...terrible shape. Meet up in Marietta, and take 555 ( the triple nickel ) to Zanesville...Lots of great places to eat there....
555 is a much better road than 26!!! Fresh paved, more twisties, hills , hollers, etc.....Just awesome...only thing is...I don't remember any covered bridges
Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'd love to have you! You can lead the way.....smoking out any cops along the way!!!!

Seriously, there is usually 2 groups - the fast and the ... really fast. If you can keep up with Sam in the really fast group, more power to you.