Oklahoma Classifieds Membership required to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Oklahoma "For Sale" Sub-forum is now LIVE!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
Red face Oklahoma "For Sale" Sub-forum is now LIVE!

First of all, I must say I'm reallly pleased with all the activity in our local community lately. I lurk in several of the surrounding community forums (not including North Texas) and have noticed that the Oklahoma community seems more active than others. However, I've noticed an increase in for-sale threads, not that it's a bad thing. I'm just wondering if we should put in a request for a sub-forum specifically for all those for-sale, for-trade and want-to-buy threads. The big catch is that it would be strictly for paid S2KI members only. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think the way it would work is that only paid members can post threads/topics, but everyone else (including non-paid guests) can post replies within those threads. Basically, guests wouldn't be able to post threads in it. All the rules in the member classifieds section as well as the Cars for Sale section would also apply. In addition, I would require that if you bump your thread, that you remove any previous bumps (this is so that potential buyers don't have to scroll through fifty bajillion pages of bumps... just a pet peeve of mine). Actually, I've been thinking about this for a long time, but I'm not sure I've thought it through completely. I'd like to hear read everyone's thoughts on this, whether they be positive or negative. Up until now, I've viewed this as "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" since we've never really had any major probrem transactions, but now that there is more buying/selling going on, there is more potential for probrems to occur.

Topic title edited 1/11/2010.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it will help the forum and not make th forum look so cluttered IMO!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 AM

Yes! Local people can see things that are for sale here big bonus. Don't have to dig page upon page.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM

How would the sub-forum appear. At the top of the OK section as an 'Important Topic'? It would need to be somewhere obvious, easy to get to. I voted no but should change my vote ;-) I think the occasional FS posting, identified as such have been interesting. Then I looked at the current list again and see a lot of activity that could be consolidated. Enforcing the rules (members only) might cut back on some of the postings ;-) Julie, are you going to have to move and arbitrate on posts in the wrong place?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 AM

i voted yes. it can only help clean up the forum
Old 12-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Yes, Gabe and I would probabry have to do a little policing in the beginning. It would be set up like Georgia in that a link to the FS sub-forum would be listed above all the stickied threads (aka pinned topics).
Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so non member guests would still be able to post sale treads on the oklahoma forum right? (i know i defeats the purpose.)
the poll is biased since only members can vote
I vote no
i should quit being a bum and just buy the membership
Old 12-02-2009, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by eDiesel,Dec 2 2009, 04:45 PM
so non member guests would still be able to post sale treads on the oklahoma forum right? (i know i defeats the purpose.)
No, all for-sale threads would go in the for-sale sub-forum. The exception would be that a non-paying user (a guest) can post his/her own S2000 for sale and possibly leftover parts that one has no use for because he/she no longer has an S2000 (e.g. silverteg93's thread).

Originally Posted by eDiesel,Dec 2 2009, 04:45 PM
the poll is biased since only members can vote
For real? I didn't know that. I thought everyone could vote.

Edit... poll removed.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU,Dec 2 2009, 03:35 PM

For real? I didn't know that. I thought everyone could vote.
im a member now so i voted for real this time.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma "For Sale" Sub-forum is now LIVE!