Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

new dent/crap in the road

Old 01-03-2006, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new dent/crap in the road

This past September my wife's '05 Camry gets totaled because she hit a stump that was in the middle of the road (long story, but she couldn't avoid it...and it totaled the car because it took out the engine and transmission of her FWD car). The day after her car gets totaled I about hit a recliner (yes, a recliner) in the middle of highway 412. Tonight on 412 I swerve to miss part of a 2x4 in my lane of traffic only to have the guy in the next lane (with his head up his arse, not paying attention to the big f-ing piece of wood in his lane) hit another part of the 2x4. It shot from his tires into my passenger door (if you heard someone screaming obscenities around 5:15 this evening it was me). Now I have a nice dent in my passenger door. It isn
Old 01-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Damn thats crazy. You have any pics?
Old 01-03-2006, 06:50 PM

know exactly how you feel.

This is why I try not to drive my S daily. Outside of the worst roads that I have ever driven in my life (and I have lived in 5 countries, and 5 states in the US) it seems like there appears to be a lack of intelligence related to many pick up truck drivers regarding tying their booty down in the bed of their truck. Chances are it has nothing to do with intelligence... but probably due to the overwhelming gas guzzeling pigs on our roads (sorry for the venting... but I could not resist)
o
This morning driving to work... I dodged a 2x4, follwed by three beer bottles... unshattered... follwed by a little kitten that jumped out of the truck coming the opposite way just feet before my car. Luckily I was driving my beater so I did not give a crap if I hit something... and Jules... NO... I mised the kitty cat.... but the guy behind me driving a truck nailed her...... JUST KIDDING

IMO there is a reason why we leave OK for enjoyable drives... Less debrie in the road... better quality roads... and more twisties!

I am really sorry to hear about your mishap. Although it probably won't do you any good... I would strongly reccomend writing your senator... Make your point... let them know you are pissed. The roads in OK are NOT acceptable considering the level of taxes you and I must pay. Additionally, the level of safety regarding hauling cargo in OK is clearly lacking.

OK... done venting... sorry about that forum...Just tired and sick and tired of hearing bad luck to people that should be not happen.

Martini........................................out .
Old 01-03-2006, 08:36 PM

Received 383 Likes on 285 Posts

Trucks in TX do this too man. So many of them driving around with lumber, rocks, dirt, etc in the back of a truck with no tarp/cover over it.

I'm driving to work a little over a month ago at 6:30am. I'm in the fast lane doing about 80MPH. Low and behold, a truck has left a bunch of sharp edged rocks in the fast lane. I go through a few of them and move over into the center lane. I pull into work and see on my hood where a few of them were so sharp they cut right through the clearbra and scratched the paint. I was fawkin hot about it! Clearbra saved it from more damage than it was, but either way I had to get the bumper/hood repainted.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 137 Posts

Man, that sucks, Jamie! I so feel your pain! If our roads weren't so friggin' bad, I probably wouldn't need a daily driver.

Originally Posted by vbmarcus,Jan 3 2006, 10:50 PM
... tying their booty down in the bed of their truck

[QUOTE=vbmarcus,Jan 3 2006, 10:50 PM]This morning driving to work... I dodged a 2x4, follwed by three beer bottles... unshattered... follwed by a little kitten that jumped out of the truck coming the opposite way just feet before my car.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU,Jan 4 2006, 12:48 AM
Man, that sucks, Jamie! I so feel your pain! If our roads weren't so friggin' bad, I probably wouldn't need a daily driver.

You're just mean! ... or

Ok I was a little but more

Booty was intended to represent "Cargo" for those of you who did not make that connection
Old 01-04-2006, 09:18 AM

everytime i hit the highways the only thing i ever have to avoid is potholes. no debris tho. except for people who kick up rocks, i just get a bra for my bumper...but i duno.