Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

AutoX

Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoX

Does anyone locally have any club connections for autoX. The PIR parking lot type that the Porsche/scca/bwm club does? I havent been in it for 5 years so I lost all my contacts (email lists and such)

The one thing I got from the last meeting was that most people haven't tracked their S2000's. Yet, everyone loves hauling butt in the parking garage

If there is one thing you MUST do in an S2000 is just go out on one of the more casual AutoX days and just rip the track up. Really, the S2000 is meant for this (and the big track). Hell, I was "high" for 3 days after I took my S2000 for the first time to the big track, its an experience you cant even touch in any way on the road.

All it takes is a helmet. Its really about as complicated as going to a gocart track. Everyone does it independent of age or sex. Hell, people actually go to rental places and get cars like Camrys to just beat on out there (this is where a real driver comes out because they will beat people running Evo's with times).

We need to set up an AutoX day with one of the usual clubs and have everyone meet at it.

Nothing like getting up on 2 wheels (me in my Sti).

Old 07-07-2009, 03:09 PM

Here is this years official ORPCA club schedule (PIR)

http://www.oregonpca.org/events/autocross/ax-schedule/
Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM

SCCA Oregon Track Days

http://www.oregonscca.com/content/section/3/288/
Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 AM

I really wish I did the whole tracking/AutoX stuff before I got married.

These days, I have to skip lunches just to save up for a helmet and whether I can even go to the track day this August is up in the air now, because we just got our quote back for floors we are planning on changing as part of our remodeling project.

But down the road, if we do get some sort of group going together, I'd be very interested.

You single guys, take advantage of your freedom while you can! Or find yourself a wife that is also into motor sport.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by S20004ME_PDX,Jul 8 2009, 12:45 PM

You single guys, take advantage of your freedom while you can! Or find yourself a wife that is also into motor sport.
Brian you make me laugh

I would LOVE to track my car. If you figure out the info and pricing let me know.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:37 PM

Im way interested but Id be totally kidding myself if I were to think I could afford it right now
Old 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM

AutoX days usually cost about $30ish bucks. You usually only get 5 runs at the course and it its over usually within 2 minutes. You are lucky to break into 3rd gear (on a Miata track).

Its pretty much a large gocart track of cones for your car. It just has a lot of hard core maneuvers / slaloms in it. You really learn the handling of your car!

Its not like the big track where you need new brake pads and tires every run. Its probalby as wearing on your car as a trip to the beach.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by S20004ME_PDX,Jul 8 2009, 11:45 AM

These days, I have to skip lunches just to save up for a helmet and whether I can even go to the track day this August is up in the air now, because we just got our quote back for floors we are planning on changing as part of our remodeling project.

But down the road, if we do get some sort of group going together, I'd be very interested.

I used to take my wife and young son to it (2-3 years old) near the end of my career there. They both loved seeing all the nice cars hauling around the track.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by y2ks2k,Jul 8 2009, 03:44 PM
AutoX days usually cost about $30ish bucks. You usually only get 5 runs at the course and it its over usually within 2 minutes. You are lucky to break into 3rd gear (on a Miata track).

Its pretty much a large gocart track of cones for your car. It just has a lot of hard core maneuvers / slaloms in it. You really learn the handling of your car!

Its not like the big track where you need new brake pads and tires every run. Its probalby as wearing on your car as a trip to the beach.
oooo I always assumed I would go through a set of tires and brake pads to say the least.. IF it can really come down to $30 I might be down for one of these this summer
Old 07-08-2009, 05:22 PM

Me too!!!

Monica

Quick Reply: AutoX