Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Bun warmer install dates

Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bun warmer install dates

BUN WARMER INSTALL DATES:

With the amount of people interested in installing their seat warmers I thought it would be good to try and break it up into 2 different days. I have been working with Ken (firesnoop) to try and put all this together. (thanks Ken!)

The first install day, Nov. 6th, will be in here in Rainier at my shop. Hopefully some of you will be able to make it to ease the amount of cars for the second install day. I don't expect a big turnout because of the distance, but I'm hoping to get a few.

The second install day, Nov. 21st, will be at Ken's house in Vancouver.

We will start both install dates at 8 am. This will be a group effort to get everyones car done. All those that attend must stay until all cars are completed.

Ordering the seat warmers will be your responsibility and they can be ordered directly from Heatedseatkits.com. The mats I'm recommending is the H3, #29708. Of course if you want to buy your seat warmers from Geoff or anywhere else that is up to you. I have worked with Heatedseatkits.com and they are offering each kit for $70 per kit instead of $100. So if you order from them, it will show in the drop down box of the order form "Dual Heizgerat Setxt lll - $200.00 Shipped". In the comment box you must put "group buy" and they will honor the $70 per kit price. It won't show the discounted price on the form, but they assured me it will be honored.

I have ordered my seat warmers and I also ordered the cutting tool for the group to use. I am hoping to install mine before the first install day, this way I can help whomever needs it. The second install day I will be there also, but I'm hoping Dave will be there too with his expertise since he has already installed his from Heatedseatkits.com.

Once you have your seat warmers delivered, pm me and let me know the date you would like to do the install and I will send you directions and add you to the list of installers for that day.

Be prepared for an all day event. Bring your own tools, cordless screw gun, etc.. I will bring an abundance of zip ties for everyone to use and possibly wire and connectors for the hookup of power. I'll know more on this once I install mine. Of course power will be available if needed.

Since we can't fit all the S2000's in one garage, a lot of the installs will have to be done outside. In the event of bad weather we will have to reschedule the event to another date which will have to be determined.

Lunch at my shop will probably be a pizza delivery or something like that. At Kens house, it would be good if some would offer to bring a little bit of food. This way Ken isn't slammed with so much to do. Post a comment and I can start a list for that.

I think that is everything. Please don't wait until the last minute to order your seat warmers. It would be nice to get a head count of installers at least 3-4 days ahead of install day so we can prepare accordingly.

Bill
  • Nov. 6th install day:

Bill - Sparkx
    Amy - mysilvers2k
  • Nov. 21st install day:

Bill - Sparkx
    Ken - Firesnoop
    Arnie - AWsum_s2k
    Tony - BB_S2K
    Garret - G
    Sung - watch0bak
    Hue
    John - nwavesailor
    S2k-2NV
Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 PM

The only tool I have is a hammer and a phillips screw driver...do you want me to bring them?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM

No Amy. Between all of us I think we should be able to take care of tools for your car.

Also, those of you that want to do any prep work before the actual install day to speed things up would be helpful since each cars completion is estimated between 2-3 hours on average.

Bill
Old 10-19-2010, 09:49 PM
G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered!

I have some tools I will bring and will try to pick up a bundle of zip ties.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered my set. I work saturdays but i can be off around noon to 1pm. Distance is not an issue as i am always out in the scappoose/st helens area on weekends.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:15 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Oregon Calendar Updated

S2KI OREGON CALENDAR
Old 10-19-2010, 10:51 PM

I've placed my order. I'll be happy to bring my hammer and phillips screw driver if needed...oh and I have a pretty purple tape measure too, but don't know if I want to bring it, just in case I lose it for forget it.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:44 AM

Just placed my order. I will bring some tools and zip ties.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 AM

thanks for all of your effort on this bill. you mentioned weather might be a factor... at my place i've got room for three maybe four installs going at once inside. so really, the only outside in the nasty weather time you'll spend is wating in line for your turn. but once we start your install you'll be inside, safe and dry.

those of you that are bringing your own zip ties.... makem small... i mean tiny. dave you might want to chime in here with a recommendation, but i've seen the install of his and he used very small zippies for a very clean operation.

as bill mentioned, he is opening his shop for a few on a saturday with plans for the bulk of us using my place on a sunday. and if we can get a sort of production line thing started, then we should be able to bang these out in a couple of hours...

and those without tools (amy ), or expertise not to worry. buy your kits, pick a day, and we'll get ya fixed up.

ken
Old 10-20-2010, 07:02 AM

Cute little tiny zip ties, and they come in pretty colors too...I know that because I have some larger ones in hot pink and purple. Maybe I'll go get some little zippies in girl colors.

Quick Reply: Bun warmer install dates