Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Front license plate

Old 01-11-2007, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front license plate

So, just how much IS the fine for not having your front license plate on?

$97.00

Don't ask....

Larry
Old 01-11-2007, 07:25 AM

It's a fix-it ticket though, right?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:33 AM

Yep. I'll be out of town on my court date, so it appears that I can send in a written statement, along with a photo of the car with the plate on (I think I have one around here somewhere) AND the $97. I can plead no-contest and see if the court reduces the fine and returns part of the payment.

Of course I'll actually have to put the plate on - at least until that motorcycle cop gets transfered to another precinct!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It used to be that if you show up with the plate on, they would send someone out to look at it and they would drop the ticket with no fine

They got rid of that a few years ago though....
Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh man that sucks

I just always try and play dumb like I didn't know it had to be there and I usually just get a warning. I have been pulled over twice for this with no ticket so far...

Larry- Didn't you have the front plate holes shaved? Next time just say that you are having a really hard time finding a bracket that will fit on the front

Brandon
Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 AM

He didn't ask why it wasn't on the car until after he had handed me the ticket. No chance to play dumb or "explain".

I WAS insulted, though. My license says I have brown hair and the ticket shows I have gray hair. (maybe I could get the ticket dropped on that technicality?)
Old 01-11-2007, 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=VintageMac,Jan 11 2007, 10:56 AM]
I WAS insulted, though.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Yeah, I know... It isn't the $97 fine, but the fact that Doug is going to really be a hard sell now!

I was on Sandy in the Hollywood district. Since it is my neighborhood, i don't have any choice but to put the plate on since I'll probably see the officer again.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by VintageMac,Jan 11 2007, 10:56 AM
I WAS insulted, though. My license says I have brown hair and the ticket shows I have gray hair. (maybe I could get the ticket dropped on that technicality?)

one time i got "pulled over" by a bicycle cop. and i don't mean a motorcycle cop... we have these cops on the university of oregon campus that ride around on bicycles. and i'm sitting at a stoplight with my music blasting, all my windows down, sunroof open (this was in my integra.) out of nowhere this cop rides up next to me on his bicycle (i'm still not sure how long he sat there waiting for me to notice him and turn my music down...haha) he starts asking me if i know it's illegal to have my music that loud and to not have a front license plate. i just batted my eyelashes and played dumb..."no, officer, i had no idea!" then the light turned green and i was like: "soooo... can i go now?" and he waved me off. LOL... weirdest encounter with a cop ever.

most of my friends that have gotten them just end up having to pay for them... same with things like mud flaps on lifted trucks.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:54 AM

Man that sucks to hear, I have a few scratches on my bumper and no plugs in the holes so I could easily say it came off in an accident the same day, one of the few perks of having a very less than perfect s2000.

ps- Bz.... did you notice the LM's with tires for $3k shipped in the FS forum

Quick Reply: Front license plate