Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

S2Ki Oregon Badge Announcement

Old 02-19-2010, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2Ki Oregon Badge Announcement

The badging of S2Ki Oregon members has never been formalized, so your COs have set out to do that. We have been working on developing this criteria over the past couple of weeks.

We feel that in order to be granted an S2Ki Oregon badge a person must live in this area, have an S2000 and actually participate in our forum and activities. In other words, we need to get to know them.

Our newly formulated badging criteria can be found: Here

We have also decided to tie the For Sale thread to member badges as well. Items for sale in the S2Ki Oregon For Sale forum must be posted by a badged member. If you are not badged, you are not allowed to post items for sale. This will help keep people protected by buying from known/trusted members who are an active part of our S2k community. Unbadged members can still post Want To Buy requests in the FS and WTB thread.

Thanks!

Larry and Aaron

Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey guys ,

I'm really eager to see others opinions on the new rules. Initially, I'm not really sure if I totally agree with the stipulations that you guys came up with that are needed for the badge. Are you guys open to others opinions on requirements for obtaining a badge?

Thanks guys,
Ira
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

we are always open to ideas, Ira. We are just "guides" for the communikty to keep it running smoothly and quite literally *organize* it.

In all honesty, the badging requirements are basically the same as they've always been anyway. We're mostly just putting it out there and making it officially known and set in stone, so to speak.

Aaron
Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 AM

I would never be able to get a s2ki oregon badge then since:

It is hard for me to go to any events even though it is planned so far ahead of time due going to school full/part time throughout the year, and working 35+ hours a week. The days that I don't go to school I am at work, the days that I don't work, I have school...

Well, it looks like I won't be getting one
Old 02-19-2010, 11:14 AM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I definitely see your the organization side, as well as aiding in safe guarding us. I am not saying that I don't like the idea of it.

My opinion is that with things like this that affect us, I would like it to be discussed with us all prior to implementing it. This can exclude people without them having a say so to speak.

That is just what ran across my mind. Like I said though, I'm open to this and I don't think it's all bad.

Thanks for listening guys.

Ira
Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Precisely why posts like this are welcome and taken into account That's why the thread was left open for people to post..

Like I mentioned, these rules have been in place a long time. Well before my CO-ship and probably before Larry's. We've just kept it going. It's always been a sort of unspoken rule-set but we wanted to make sure it was clear so we are putting it out there. I have been PM'd on more than one occasion from someone saying "I've come to a couple events but I'm not badged yet" since I would forget to assign them. Just goes to show that people already have that sort of idea of the requirements in the first place.

On the ugly side of things, discussions can often turn into debates which morph to arguments and then nothing gets done/resolved.

Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the badge - just kidding it's really not that hard to add any badge to your signature line

btw Sabre waiting for your response in the site info section

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...T&f=4&t=766688
Old 02-19-2010, 11:49 AM

click it it works just like all the other badges
Old 02-19-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by H2kBBAP2,Feb 19 2010, 04:44 PM
Seems like the clamps are just getting tighter to me is all Aaron.

First we are told we can't post too many posts and now we HAVE to show up to an "official" event and must be liked by the CO's to have any rights to post something up for sale.

You know me Aaron, I am the first to jump on the WTF wagon. It just seems like this is overkill. I feel like I am losing more and more rights on these forums.
none of my business really however it does seem like the rules here are non conducive to building a friendly community - ie you have to be well liked by a CO - really for a gif file that just links people to your section

as a side note - only stopping by because one of your members (a paid 2+ year member of s2ki as well) posted in the site info about the CO's requesting personal information so that he can sell - seems very strange

Old 02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
hue

hmm...interesting topic

Quick Reply: S2Ki Oregon Badge Announcement