Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

FYI: Just orderd the Helm Service Manual

Old 11-06-2004, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI: Just orderd the Helm Service Manual

Temporary employment has found me for the winter, so it looks like some mods and tires can be afforded for next year! The question is with the rising dollar, how long to delay before ordering

First step is getting the service manual so I won't screw up any of the wrenching. So, the manual is here if you need it for anything. Repair, modding or just making sure all the bolts are torqued in spec for a track day.

FYI, there is also a electrical diagnostics manual (which isn't released yet) that might be helpful for rewiring and debug.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:58 AM

sweet man.....would that publication be any better than the Honda service manual that I have? Or would they be about the same?
Old 11-06-2004, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the job. Yeah I have the honda service manual. It's not as detailed I think. Didn't say the size of the oil drain bolt, I guess 17 which was right, but ummmm it's 'in FUSED to the car, I could not get that thing off. I washed and tried to change the oil to put the car away. I'll need to go to Honda to get a new bolt because this one if ed.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:42 PM

I'm not sure if it is better than the Honda one. The Helm's is 1500 pages, if that means anything.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?c...7BGB2ESXDF77MA3
Old 11-06-2004, 12:45 PM

As far as the job, it is only a 4 month contract. It's good for some cash and something to do while looking for a real career type job.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:01 PM

Fack I'm pissed about that bolt, I need to get one from the dealer on Monday or something. I talked to my Dad and he said he could try, but I really don't know how the hell it got so tight.

He's like: are you turning the right way. So then I second guess myself take out the watch and think WAIT maybe I was woohoo this should be easy. But nope I was turning the right way or is that

Either way I did nothing wrong, but his bolt is stuck bad, I think it's because of the lack of crush washer. My Dad will probably just use the air hammer to knock it loose.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:10 PM

I guess that the bolt isn't stripped. If it is stripped you have to weld something to it or cut big ass slot for an impact driver.

Have tried putting a pipe to extend the socket arm and a lot of WD40? I'd try this before the slight risk of damaging the aluminium pan with an air tool.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:29 PM

It's stripped now, it was so tight that nothing would hold onto it, I had a big ass bar and all. GRRR really shouldn't have been that tight. I used some liquid wrench and a no go

The air hammer shouldn't damage anything, last resort of course, it should be able to just turn it, like a chisel and hammer, problem is not enough room to hit it with a regular hammer.

I'm contemplating doing this NOW because the weather may turn shitty and I won't be able to get out again.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:31 PM

Got it off, broke lip though
Old 11-07-2004, 03:53 PM

hey guys I just got back from a wedding in Detroit during the weekend. Damm weather sure was nice it was like 17C today when I left. Anyways...have all you guys put your cars away for the winter now? I know that James has....

Steve...good to hear that you got a 4 month contract. you are probably pondering what to purchase next!

Quick Reply: FYI: Just orderd the Helm Service Manual