Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

To any local software developers working on Forza 6

Old 10-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
Originally Posted by sse2k' timestamp='1445278429' post='23780033
Really doubt that will happen, unfortunately. The track doesn't have the national/international recognition to justify the development time on a big budget title like Forza/GT, where they send a full team out with equipment to look at every detail of the track. At one point during the GT6 development, Sony hinted they would include a track builder feature, but it never came to life.

You might have better luck with Assetto Corsa or rFactor, people homebrew tracks on there pretty regularly.
why not? they have a lot of random off the wall tracks that nobody's ever heard of, along with fake (as in don't exist in real life) tracks... and the Ridge is actually getting some recognition nationally. And the fact that its the local track to Turn 10 might help sell it.

OP
Dan Greenawalt is the guy you want to get at. If you want to pursue this any you could prolly get in contact with him through twitter or linkedin. He also used to post in the NW forum of 6speedonline.com, but that community kinda went down hill so I don't know if he's still on there.
https://twitter.com/dan_greenawalt?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dangre

if you succeed there's a chance you could get someone's car in the game too if someone has a really nicely modified one...
Fantastic! I don't have an account on either of these but would like to reach out to him. This could be a fun and worthwhile venture, I can even provide the car If anyone has direct communication with him, please feel free to refer him to me here on s2ki or over PM for my personal contact information. The Ridge really should be on the game. There is a huge local community that would get a lot of use out of it, not just in the s2k club, though that being a sizable part. I could do a lot to help with s2k modification specific input for the game also, which I felt has always been lacking or inaccurate.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by warmmilk' timestamp='1445641884' post='23784665
[quote name='sse2k' timestamp='1445278429' post='23780033']
Really doubt that will happen, unfortunately. The track doesn't have the national/international recognition to justify the development time on a big budget title like Forza/GT, where they send a full team out with equipment to look at every detail of the track. At one point during the GT6 development, Sony hinted they would include a track builder feature, but it never came to life.

You might have better luck with Assetto Corsa or rFactor, people homebrew tracks on there pretty regularly.
why not? they have a lot of random off the wall tracks that nobody's ever heard of, along with fake (as in don't exist in real life) tracks... and the Ridge is actually getting some recognition nationally. And the fact that its the local track to Turn 10 might help sell it.

OP
Dan Greenawalt is the guy you want to get at. If you want to pursue this any you could prolly get in contact with him through twitter or linkedin. He also used to post in the NW forum of 6speedonline.com, but that community kinda went down hill so I don't know if he's still on there.
https://twitter.com/dan_greenawalt?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dangre

if you succeed there's a chance you could get someone's car in the game too if someone has a really nicely modified one...
Fantastic! I don't have an account on either of these but would like to reach out to him. This could be a fun and worthwhile venture, I can even provide the car If anyone has direct communication with him, please feel free to refer him to me here on s2ki or over PM for my personal contact information. The Ridge really should be on the game. There is a huge local community that would get a lot of use out of it, not just in the s2k club, though that being a sizable part. I could do a lot to help with s2k modification specific input for the game also, which I felt has always been lacking or inaccurate.
[/quote]

now this part I think you're reaching... this isn't the kinda game that something like this would be accurate. it program mod accuracy for every mod for every car is a ridiculous venture, the game would have to be like 17 dvd's

as far as reaching him, this is as far as you can expect anyone to get you. if you want to pursue it you'll have to figure out a way to get in touch with him yourself.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Site Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 302 Posts

You do realize that the full game isn't held just on the disk but rather those updates that are downloaded as well as running on servers right? Its not like the PS2 days where the entire game was on disk. The disk is little more than the initial install for the game hence why nearly every game has an update day 1. After that it is either housed on the HHD or you are actually playing it on the server and the console more just streaming it from there. The s2000 being an older car it doesn't surprise me that they didn't put much into the car looking actuate where other more recent ones look more accurate. They are more concerned with the physics of the car changing with mods than the look of the car changing which I suppose is the more important thing gameplay wise.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:37 PM

I'm aware of that, I was just making a point that the game would have to be enormous. although the whole streaming from a server part isn't true. infrastructure just isn't there to support it yet and you can play any game (unless its a multiplayer) without being connected to the internet.

but yeah, I'm fairly certain that all cars aren't exactly realistic when it comes to how they react to mods in the real world, and I'm ok with that. its a game and not an F1 simulator... but it would be nice if the exhaust note changed after upgrading it. at least 2 sounds for each car, one for stock exhaust and one upgraded...
Old 10-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Site Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 302 Posts

The most noticeable to me is the tires not being wider when you put wider tires on it. That seems like a fairly easy thing to do and a silly over site.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:53 PM

you mean just visually? to me it really doesn't make a big difference cause I play with the hood cam position. so I don't see the car I'm driving and other cars are stock... I don't play online...
Old 10-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Community Organizer

I would just expect a little more love and attention to detail for a car (and now track) that have such a huge influence on the local guys that actually develop the game here. This goes all the way back from the inception of this club locally in 99 to the release of the first xbox/Forza. Im not knocking, just saying there is room for improvement. And I have yet to see any developers chime in this club for help over the years to make the game better. Visually there are a few things, but im speaking more about the actual build component choices and how they affect the cars performance. Specs are never accurate or detailed enough.

I do want to build a driving simulator. But Im waiting for the console/game to be worth investing in to that level. Im not a computer/PC guy. But I have always felt Xbox/Forza offered the closest simulation available on a home console and its what i know, so naturally thats what my sights are on first. Its just a bit disappointing when you know the technology is now here on an affordable level, but the effort or attention isn't.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I would just expect a little more love and attention to detail for a car (and now track) that have such a huge influence on the local guys that actually develop the game here. This goes all the way back from the inception of this club locally in 99 to the release of the first xbox/Forza. Im not knocking, just saying there is room for improvement. And I have yet to see any developers chime in this club for help over the years to make the game better. Visually there are a few things, but im speaking more about the actual build component choices and how they affect the cars performance. Specs are never accurate or detailed enough.

I do want to build a driving simulator. But Im waiting for the console/game to be worth investing in to that level. Im not a computer/PC guy. But I have always felt Xbox/Forza offered the closest simulation available on a home console and its what i know, so naturally thats what my sights are on first. Its just a bit disappointing when you know the technology is now here on an affordable level, but the effort or attention isn't.
thats never gonna happen. Like I said before, if you wanna try to get the ball rolling, you're gonna have to put in the work and effort of getting in contact with them and convincing them its worth their time to listen to you. no one from forza is gonna come to you and ask you for your help out of the blue because you made a post on an internet forum.

is far as a driving sim, iRacing on a PC is prolly the closest you're gonna get without spending 10's or potentially 100's of thousands of dollars. but they don't have street cars anymore.. at least not on their website
Old 10-31-2015, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Junky, you own a yellow driving simulator.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Junky, you own a yellow driving simulator.

Hows your beast btw, fully sorted and giving thrills?

On that note, no v8 swaps in the game