Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

EVENT: Autocross: Bremerton National Tour, July 26-27

Old 06-18-2003, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EVENT: Autocross: Bremerton National Tour, July 26-27

As some of you may know, the eighth and final stop of the SCCA National Tour is at Bremerton on July 26 and 27.

If you've never been to a national-level event before, I can't encourage you strongly enough to consider giving the National Tour a shot. The competition is intense (there will be at least two potential Nationals winners, Joe Goeke and Andy McKee, running in B Stock), the fields are big (with the event more than a month away, eight people are already registered in B Stock, and at least three more are coming), the courses are fast, and there's even contingency money if you place well. It's quite an experience -- way beyond our local events.

The only catches? The entry fee, at $60, is commensurate to the level of competition, plus an SCCA license is required if you don't already have one. Oh, and trying it might trigger a costly addiction to national-level autocrossing.

Entry forms and more information are at http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour...ttle/index.html. There is an entry cap on the event, and there are late registration fees as well, so if you're thinking about going, register sooner rather than later.

And good job Michael for signing up even before seeing this nag post.

Steve
Old 06-19-2003, 09:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG I'm gonna get crushed!
Let just hope I can learn a few things from this ass whoopin'.
It'll be great to watch Joe and Andy go at it.

- Michael
Old 07-15-2003, 07:58 PM

I think most of the people who would consider going are already signed up, but for the record, if you're contemplating entering the Tour, you should do so now -- we're sneaking up on the 275 entrant cap, and there's only a week left in which to register without late fees.

B Stock's going to be a big, fun class -- 14 entrants so far (including one guy who registered in A Stock by mistake), split between 7 S2000s, 6 Boxsters, and one M3.

Steve
Old 07-15-2003, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by MSRS2K
It'll be great to watch Joe and Andy go at it.
Turns out that Andy's not coming, but Mitch Fagundes is. Mitch won the Tour in Joe's car last year (ouch) and went on to place sixth at Nationals, so he's no slouch.

After those two, it's anyone's call who will win the remaining trophies. I have a nominee in mind, though.

Steve
Old 07-22-2003, 09:57 AM

Steve, when will the Heats and run/work groups be posted on the SCCA site? I need to figure out some scheduleing things.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:32 AM

I'm surprised they haven't posted the work order already; I'm not sure when they will.

Having said that, I strongly recommend planning on staying until mid-evening on Saturday and mid-afternoon on Sunday. There's an awful lot to do on Saturday, including impound (post-race car inspection, happens after runs on both days), walking the Sunday course, and of course the Saturday evening cookout, which is always a lot of fun.

The good news is that B Stock is looking to be the biggest class with seventeen (!) entries. The bad news is that there are more Boxsters signed up than S2000s. It's not too late to sign up!

Steve
Old 07-22-2003, 11:28 AM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Have fun out there guys...

Here's a link to the work/run...

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour...le/runwork.html
Old 07-22-2003, 01:39 PM

Crap! Looks like BS is in the final run group. I have to be back in Seattle by 7:00 for an unavoidable appointment. Any chance I'll make it Steve???
Old 07-22-2003, 06:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MSRS2K
[B]Crap!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:23 PM

A BIG congrats to Steve for placing 2nd of 17 in BS this weekend.
Steve's final run of the day on Sunday was the fastest BS time to that point. It was only beaten by 6/100s of a second by past nationals winner Joe Goeke in his final run.
Way to go Steve! Can't wait to see how you do in Topeka.

Bremerton results

- Michael

edit - Upon review, there was one other BS time faster than Steve's (by 6/1000th of a sec) but slower than Joe. Steve still was 2nd for the weekend.

Quick Reply: EVENT: Autocross: Bremerton National Tour, July 26-27