S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Do you get trick or treaters? What are you giving out?

Old 10-31-2019, 03:29 PM

Received 3,818 Likes on 3,036 Posts
Default Do you get trick or treaters? What are you giving out?

Wondering if people still go door to door like they used to. Seems like a lot of areas are doing the trunk or treat thing. Most of the houses in my neighborhood are empty so I don't usually get any trick or treaters but I always buy candy just in case. They do the trunk or treat at the community center in my town and also they take the kids from the elementary school through town and all the local business' give them candy.How about were you are?
Old 10-31-2019, 03:34 PM

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,638 Posts

There is a parade in town and the kids are out and about as well. i get a fair amount of trick or treaters. They started just before 6:00 and I'll keep the lights on until 8:30 or so I give out the fun size M&M's. If I buy other stuff, I eat too much of it before Halloween gets here. I can control myself with M&M's not so with Hershey bars or peanut butter cups!.

I've seen a few good costumes tonight. The one that made me laugh out loud was a young teen in PJ's. I asked what she was and she answered: "A Wal Mart Mom." Love it!
Old 10-31-2019, 03:53 PM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

Rain coming down in buckets, wind picking up....no kids here. Then again, living in the sticks we haven't had any visitors in at least 20 years.....still get a bag of candy (Hershey Bars) & Karla makes cookies just in case
Levi
Old 10-31-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

None this year, none last year. Our house is set back about 125 feet from the road and its an effort to get to it. It's dark and rainy tonight, and I think most of the parents are taking their kids to Trunk n Treat. Also, our neighborhood is composed of two kinds of homeowners, the empty nesters (like us) who moved in when their kids were little but no longer have kids at home, and the younger parents who have bought resales and have really young kids. There really aren't too many teenagers in the neighborhood so we don't get many (any) trick or treaters.

About a week ago we bought a package if individually wrapped M&Ms just in case any kids did show up. I really wanted to buy the package of Almond Joys instead-but Liz knew if we bought Almond Joys I'd end up eating them. As it is I'll have to eat the M&Ms.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:19 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Only 10 so far this year. Some years we get around 30.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:23 PM

I waited until yesterday to buy candy and I also refrained from buying recess peanut butter cups as they wouldn't of lasted long. I bought snickers which are in my top five favorites.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Only 10 so far this year. Some years we get around 30.
Give the next kid who comes along all the candy that is left! I just turned out the lights. Thelma wanted out of the guest room.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Give the next kid who comes along all the candy that is left! I just turned out the lights. Thelma wanted out of the guest room.
Your house is going to get toilet papered!
Old 10-31-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by robb
Your house is going to get toilet papered!
I think I'll be OK. No "customers" for the last little while anyway.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:42 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

It is very pleasant here this evening so the trick or treater activity has been high. I have literally lost count of how many groups of kids have stopped by. I bought a bunch of bags of those “fun size” candy bars in a variety of flavors when they went on sale the other day.

I fill up a huge bowl with all of the different little candy bars. When the kids stop by I tell them to go ahead and take a few and grab what they like. Most of the kids have been incredibly polite. Occasionally I will get the “how many is a few?” response. I tell them to just make sure that they leave some behind for the others. The reactions can be pretty entertaining. It appears that things are finally starting to slow down now.

One kid was dressed as a candy powered robot. He had a compartment attached to the front of his costume with a lid that opened up so that he could toss the candy in. Pretty creative.

Quick Reply: Do you get trick or treaters? What are you giving out?