Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

How do I get a shot like this?

Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a bit of work you CAN do this with a single strobe and multiple exposures from different locations. Digital processing makes it easy enough to mask-and-merge multiple shots using different lighting with an array of blending possibilities. Just make sure your camera is rock steady on the tripod and manually white-balanced.

If you're crazy you can do in-camera mutliple-exposure. Definitely the hard way, lol.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think was done with 2 flashes main one from the top, possibly another one from front. and then photo shoped the background further to make it absolute black.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just asked him about it, and please forgive him, but he doesn't want to share exactly how he does his interior shots. It's really pretty simple, just off-camera flashes placed in specific areas, added to one pic, then edited. It's really no different than exterior flash, no one has 50 flash units, they just use a couple in different places, then stitch them together later.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ok thats fine. Thanks guys. I mean its kind of like guys not wanting to give up there "offsets" a bit childish if you ask me, but I respect it