Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

Servicing your Nikon SLR camera

Old 11-06-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Servicing your Nikon SLR camera

Hey guys, finally getting a D70 from my girlfriend's mom. Really good deal $500 with a lens of my choice that she has, box, manual, etc... She is somewhat of a professional photographer, so the D70 is used a lot. So I want to do a full service on the camera and get it up to date, and working perfectly. How much do full service cost on a D70? A ballpark figure cause I would think it depends on the useage of the camera and so on.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with your local service rep but I'm thinking $120. I don't think the cost depends on your use as much as what they check/adjust (shutter speeds/leaks/sync, aperture control, metering areas/accuracy, focus areas/accuracy) and the sensor-clean. I ripped the hot shoe (and flex circuit) off of mine, long story that ended with a kit-lens-into-slinky too, and I think it cost me $200 for that body repair plus a full maintenance service.

What pisses me off is my buddy who shoots Canon got walk-in service for his last problem (they have a service center near Irvine) and mine was gone in the mail for weeks!