Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

Tripods...

Old 02-10-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every tripod has its target group. For me it was one of the hardest part to choose and the most difficult one. After reading lots of reviews and experiences i was all over the manfrotto carbon tripods..

So Ive gotten a manfrotto 055cxpro3 tripod with a vanguard ball head but was really disappointed in long exposure shots. (10+secs) Whatever i did they became all blurry when zoomed in 1:1 ((IS OFF) for me this was unacceptable for such a expensive tripod.
Upgraded to a much more expensive gitzo gt3542ls with a markins q20i ballhead and its like pure gold to work with and a whole different league. If you are planning on doing long exposures or some hdr bracketing shots, the tripod and ballhead WILL be the bottleneck of your gear if you cheap out on this. Get the best you can afford. You will be using it for 15-25years before you need to replace it. Your camera will be replaced every 2-5years due to the enormous technology updates!
Old 02-19-2016, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nyther
Every tripod has its target group. For me it was one of the hardest part to choose and the most difficult one. After reading lots of reviews and experiences i was all over the manfrotto carbon tripods..

So Ive gotten a manfrotto 055cxpro3 tripod with a vanguard ball head but was really disappointed in long exposure shots. (10+secs) Whatever i did they became all blurry when zoomed in 1:1 ((IS OFF) for me this was unacceptable for such a expensive tripod.
Upgraded to a much more expensive gitzo gt3542ls with a markins q20i ballhead and its like pure gold to work with and a whole different league. If you are planning on doing long exposures or some hdr bracketing shots, the tripod and ballhead WILL be the bottleneck of your gear if you cheap out on this. Get the best you can afford. You will be using it for 15-25years before you need to replace it. Your camera will be replaced every 2-5years due to the enormous technology updates!
I wonder if the CF was too light and moved in the wind? Is the Gitzo CF as well? did you try to weigh down the Manfrotto with your bag or anything? I have a Manfrotto but not CF, I went the cheaper/heavier route. I haven't had too many issues on long exposures, but I have really been wanting to see what a more expensive, better quality tripod has to offer.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:50 PM

I tested it indoors on a flat surface with remote shutter. Still gotten the blurred shots but only when doing long exposure. My gitzo can fully support my weight when i hang onto it. ( 190lbs) crazy! its over built and it works flawlessy. Its made of carbon 6x perhaps there was an issue with the manfrotto i tested or the ball head was causing the issue..
Old 04-25-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Anyone here use Really Right Stuff tripods? Getting one of their ball-heads with quick release L-bracket.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:54 AM

I've got a sturdy aluminium job, quite tall, but I've just obtained one of these for carrying,

Portable Folding Camera Tripod Monopod Ball Head For Canon Sony Nikon DSLR SLR | eBay