Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Anyone want to lease/lend me a car?

Old 01-16-2004, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone want to lease/lend me a car?

This is an interesting situation I'm in. The lease on my F-150 is done on February 22nd. My new S2000 wont be here til early April (and I can't take it til its safe to drive on the summer tires anyway)... so that means there is about a 6 week lapse in not having a vehicle.

Does anyone here have an extra vehicle they'd be willing to "lease" me for a month or two?

I don't even know if this is a good option, but I thought I'd ask.

Most of you know I'm a really responsible person, and I would take very good care of the vehicle.

My other option is still to buy a beater, but I don't feel like shelling out a few grand right now since I'm buying a house.

I may even just go and lease a new car if it comes down to it... if I can find anything for $200-250 a month.

Thanks,
Dylan
Old 01-16-2004, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was the summer I could lend you the jeep but it's not...
Old 01-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Former Moderator

Did you ask if your Honda dealer has a short term lease car for you while you s is coming in?
Old 01-16-2004, 02:50 PM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Good idea s2000raj! It sounds like excellent business practice to help out a new car buyer.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:47 PM

My opinion is to just buy a beater for a couple of months and then sell it. It likely won't cost you anything to have it for two months.

If you don't want to drive a POS, I remember getting junk mail at the office from one of the car rental companies. They do monthly rentals (obviously at a much lower rate than daily or weekly). I can't remember which company though.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:46 PM

I actually may have found another solution. My dad wants to get an '04 F-150 when this current one is done, and he said I can take it til my car gets in.

So hopefully that works out!
Old 01-22-2004, 05:51 PM

You aren't kidding about reasonable rates for month-long rentals. Last time I was up in Fort McMurray of all places, where rentals usually gouge you for all they can, were told me they'd rent a G35 month-long rental for $450, unlimited mileage! Same price for a loaded GMC Envoy, which is what I had rented for the week. These were somewhat atypical... regardless, I assume if you pick a lesser car, shop around a bit, and get your own insurance set up for it, it should be pretty reasonable (ie. $250-300/mo tops, hopefully far less for a beater like a Sunfire). IMO the hassle of just buying and then selling the car is easily worth $500 just in terms of wasting your Saturdays looking at cars or waiting for buyers to come by, running ads, and getting a mech inspection.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:51 PM

Is that all it costs? Wow, I'll look into it. I'd love to tool around in something like a G35 for a month.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2004, 07:20 PM

I have an RSX-S you can rent from me for a month, only problem is, insurance! I guess it would be the equivalent of 'my friend drove my car' but I would still be liable should anything happen. We can talk about it more if you are serious.

But it would probably better if you rented, $400 for a G35 is sweet
Old 01-22-2004, 07:27 PM

Thanks for offering - The problem is I owned an RSX-S and it was just as fun to rev to redline as the S2000, and I'd be far too tempted to do that to yours... so I better not

Quick Reply: Anyone want to lease/lend me a car?