Rocky Mountain S2000 Owners Rocky Mountain Owners Club including Colorado

Ralph Schomp - Truly No Haggle?

Old 09-28-2005, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ralph Schomp - Truly No Haggle?

I was ready to buy an S2000 from Ralph Schomp in Denver the other day and I began to talk about invoice price and dealer holdback with the salesman...his eyes glazed over and he mumbled something about checking with the manager...

long story short...we were about $300 apart on price and they refused to move off their "no haggle" price. I walked out, basically because I have always negotiated when buying a car.

Anyway, has anyone here bought their S from Schomp and been able to negotiate?

Thanks.

P.S. Just moved to Castle Rock in March from the South...love the weather here.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:44 PM

I purchased mine from them in April and I was able to negotiate a little and I mean a little, because mine was a 2004 that was still on the lot. I didn't mind, because there were no differences in the 05 model. They price things pretty well and don't charge you for other stuff like dealer handling or something like that. I hate dealerships and my experience with them was a good one, I got a good price and they sold a car they have been trying to get rid of. so everyone was happy.

I wouldn't plan on them moving a whole lot if any.
What color are you looking at if you don't mind me asking? Also, keep in mind that 06's are coming out so they NEED to clear out the 05's, so you may have some room, just be patient, but don't argue over pennies, get the car you want in the color you want. You may save 100 or 200 bucks at another dealership, but you will loss 6 months of your life from stress over it. Also, get acouple extras like a clear bra and stuff, they are more flexible on the price and they price their accessories pretty well.
I got a hardtop, wheel locks (I have my used ones if you want to buy them from me for 50 bucks, they are normally $75 I think.) and a clear bra, oh and tint.

I hope this helps. Good luck and PM me if you are intersted in the wheel locks or anyone else for that matter.

Just my .02.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:10 AM

I bought mine over in Greeley and it was much as others have described. You reach a point where it seems like you are still apart by a couple hundred bucks. It all comes down to how you feel about the deal. As someone said in a recent thread over on the RidgeLine forum: "Just enjoy, the value of the deal is in the smile on your face, not necessarily what you paid."

The '06's have some nice new features and some may important enough to you to wait a bit and see how you can deal on one of them. I think the VSA and DBW are two VERY important additions to the S2K!!!!

Good Luck!!

rod
Old 09-29-2005, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by colo_s2k,Sep 29 2005, 06:10 AM
The '06's have some nice new features and some may important enough to you to wait a bit and see how you can deal on one of them. I think the VSA and DBW are two VERY important additions to the S2K!!!!

Good Luck!!

rod
Boooooo on Drive by Wire, the traction control in the winter is not a bad idea if it is your only car, but what I love about the car is that it talks so much to the drive, but that is just my .02 not that anyone cares.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:43 AM

i got mine at MILE HIGH! they had a silver 04 on the lot with a sticker for $28000 and change at the beginning of 05. i told them i want a yellow one with that price! wham bam thank you mam silk had a yellow s2k for a price that the dealer set! since i couldn't negotiate the price i got all my OEM parts and an invisible bra included too. of course i paid cash for everything so that might have been why they were so inclined.

btw: i went to get my oil change at the dealer and they had a silver 05 on the lot. and you never know.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by silk2k,Sep 29 2005, 11:43 AM
i got mine at MILE HIGH! they had a silver 04 on the lot with a sticker for $28000 and change at the beginning of 05. i told them i want a yellow one with that price! wham bam thank you mam silk had a yellow s2k for a price that the dealer set! since i couldn't negotiate the price i got all my OEM parts and an invisible bra included too. of course i paid cash for everything so that might have been why they were so inclined.

btw: i went to get my oil change at the dealer and they had a silver 05 on the lot. and you never know.
Silverstone?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by AOHurst,Sep 29 2005, 07:50 PM
Silverstone?
not sure! i couldn't differentiate between the silvers. sorry.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:31 PM

when did you buy yours silk? so you got yours new with all the options for 28000 before ttl?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Nugget,Sep 29 2005, 08:31 PM] when did you buy yours silk?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nugget,Sep 29 2005, 01:34 PM
Boooooo on Drive by Wire, the traction control in the winter is not a bad idea if it is your only car, but what I love about the car is that it talks so much to the drive, but that is just my .02 not that anyone cares.
I guess I don't totally understand your logic. IMHO, DBW and VSA can help (from a safety standpoint) in all driving conditions - not just winter driving. To me this is particularly important if one is prone to driving the car closer to it's limits.

Quick Reply: Ralph Schomp - Truly No Haggle?