S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Front Bumper Quick Release Fasteners?

Old 04-29-2018, 07:07 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Front Bumper Quick Release Fasteners?

I'm replacing my beat up stock front bumper with the Shine Auto AR1 bumper cover and was thinking about how nice it would be to have some quick release fasteners on it. Removing the bumper will almost be necessary to get the car on a trailer for track days, and will making putting the front up on ramps for service too.

Through my searching, I for sure would not do those ghetto knob looking things that bolt into the fender and bumper and use an o-ring to hold it together. No way in hell would I go that route as it looks terrible and can't be reliable. I did find https://quik-latch.net Although spendy, their quick release fasteners look good and solid.

Thinking this may even be able to be done in a very stealthy fashion with all the fasteners hidden out of sight. They might fit in the ends of the bumpers up where the OEM screws are that hold the corners of the bumper to the fenders. Then put a few of them across the top of the bumper where it connects to the radiator support. I'll have to look underneath to see how that area will work with the Shine bumper in place.

Has anyone else ever done something like this or could maybe point to someone who has? It is not a necessary mod, but would be very convenient.