S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

ADJUSTABLE COILOVER

Old 12-01-2011, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADJUSTABLE COILOVER

Hello friends!

I see this type of suspension and wonder what is quality?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADJUSTABLE...#ht_825wt_1396

Is some of you know more about this suspension?

I will be happy to get more information.

Convince me to buy it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:53 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I'd rather convince you not to buy it...because you get what you pay for. At that price, I would run for the hills.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by RedCelica
I'd rather convince you not to buy it...because you get what you pay for. At that price, I would run for the hills.
lol if he's getting what he's paying for then you just convinced him to buy it (I'm just messing). Some guys pay a ton on their set up and never get to use what they paid for but that's the set you'll run for the hills with :-) me too.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:23 AM

I'm just saying...if you buy shit you get shit...
Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 AM

^not really,because not everything on ebay is shit.And some of us are on a budget.I would never see myself paying 1200 for coilovers that are as cheap made as those.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:54 AM

I wouldn't put $300 "coilovers" on such a nice car as ours...it deserves better.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would imagine stock dampers with aftermarket lowering springs (while not good) would be better than this.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:47 PM

I think the better challenge would to be to find a cheaper set of coilovers for the S2000... Seriously, I think this is the cheapest pair I've ever seen for this car.

The rainbow text overlay screams quality.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Foolish of me I did not even check the link. Well this has been a question I direly wanted to ask about these seemingly cheap or rather affordable coilovers. WHY are they cheaper? From the looks of it they seem to resemble other brands. Are they pretty much the same stuff just assembled by a different company? As this case MDU. I assume you can buy these coilover parts in say China and then you can put them together at your desired spec. If you happened to read through the FAQ page of Megan Racing they mentioned that altho' their coilovers are not rebuildable, you can buy replacement parts for their set to fix what ever is broken in your set (they also mentioned that the internals of their shocks resembles that of the Bilsteins). So it makes me think that in China you can source say a shock to your spec base on your spring rate just like as companies like BC Racing or Fortune Auto would put coilovers together base on the Swift springs of your choice. I highly doubt that they make all of the parts of their coilovers. Just like watches you can put together a good wrist watch by sourcing the parts. The only brand that makes all of their own parts is Rolex. So I think in coilovers I would think there's probably also a few left.

So given the facts would it be safe to concur that the best coilover set is the one base on your need and usage? If you would own the S for a long time then it would be logical to source a set that will offer you good service in terms of cost of rebuild, turn around time or even the question of the company still being around.

Now this said coilover has a buy it now price of $300 + shipping of $150. If this is identical to the Megan EZ Street series then it's a good buy.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by gotap1
If this is identical to the Megan EZ Street series then it's a good buy.
Define identical. 6061-T6 aluminum looks identical to 6061-T0 aluminum, but is ~5x stronger. Looks aren't enough. This is a classic case of "you get what you pay for" ...as with just about everything in life. Your statement implies that Megan EZs are a good buy. I won't say anything negative because I haven't owned a set, but I suspect this is flawed logic.

Quick Reply: ADJUSTABLE COILOVER