S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Confused

Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Los

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused

Hey guys just registered but have been browsing the forum for a while. I have been reading some of the past brake threads. I have to say Im a little confused still. I live in NC where the temps get to the opposite extremes at times. Im planning to bolt on a Compt Sc here in the near future and will be shooting for the 350 to 400 HP range.I have decided it is time to upgrade the S's Brakes. I have been driving it for a year trying to get a feel for it. In these threads im reading how it is quite obvious not to go with Drilled or slotted rotors and still not sure what pads to use. I have used slooted and drilled rotors in the past with all the Tegs and Vics that i have owned. So why not so good with the S. And is there as of yet a tried and true setup that works? Looking for something to be used DD and the Occasional trip around the track. Please point me in the right direction.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oem stock replacement drilled and slotted disk doesn't improve braking performance on the S2000 the same way it doesn't improve braking on integra and civic(or crown vic LOL), there's no pad gas to outgas nor it's adding brake power. sure it looks bitching but that's that.

let's just start by saying there's good track pad and there's good street pad, once you try to mix them it's going to be a compromise in both(in a bad way). What type of track do you see? and how often? there's a huge range of operational temp difference between a 30 minute hot lap on SOW vs a 60 second autocross runs. The pad will not work well until they are in their ideal operational temp, running them out of the sweet spot could means a noisy, wooden pad with little stopping power. If you visit the track enough you might want to spend a little bit and go with a track rotor and track pad, so you don't tear up your current rotor everytime you take it out to the track.

and most novice driver will benefit with a instructor ride along to correct bad driving habit(bad driving line, going in corner too hot, braking too early/late, too much braking, etc), surprisely most overheat brake can be avoided by just doing that. You shouldn't overheat your stock brake on the street with 350-400whp, well, unless you drive like a moron, in that case the brake is least of your worries.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Los

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a lot im am quickly learning that this beast isnt like any other toy i have had before. hahah