S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

CT-Engineering Adjustable Coils?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT-Engineering Adjustable Coils?

I've searched the forums and found little useable information regarding CT-E adjustable coil reviews. It seems the only responses are "they are good" or "just buy nice coilovers, it's not worth it".

Well, I think both these responses suck.

Considering the stock shocks are quality pieces and drive my S2k daily, I do not need a top dollar coilover setup, but I'd like some height adjustment to experiment with without spending over a $1000 for full quality coilovers. I did that route with my 07 SI and didn't screw with them after I found my height, not worth 4 digits.

With that being said, users are urged to provide a valid review of this setup. For $500 bucks, they seem like a perfect medium between lowering springs and full coilovers.

Any helpful information would be awesome. Recommendations for alternate options is fine, just remember that I'm considering these for a reason. Plus, a decent review would surely help out our fellow S2k owners in their future searches!!

Thanks
Old 01-09-2012, 07:55 PM

I didn't think these were available any more. If you can find them then I'd say go for it. If not, check koni yellow and eibach ground controls. Those will probably run in the price of used coil overs though.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:29 PM

I was wondering the same thing actually. I think Science of speed sells them, it's on the website
Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by frei
I was wondering the same thing actually. I think Science of speed sells them, it's on the website
Someone else offers them and in the description it says discontinued and when they refund your money there will be a 5 dollar can not read stamp (something along those lines) taken from your money. I'll try and dig it up.

Edit: ct has them listed on their site. So I guess they are still being produced. My post might have been confusion on my end from the comptech/ct engineering change over.
direct link to CT-Eng.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:15 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I had a set for about two years and was very pleased with them. For daily driving and the occasional spirited drive they were awesome. I got rid of them because I wanted something stiffer. If your stock struts have fairly low mileage then they would be a good option.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by importkid
Originally Posted by frei' timestamp='1326173391' post='21301957
Someone else offers them and in the description it says discontinued and when they refund your money there will be a 5 dollar can not read stamp (something along those lines) taken from your money. I'll try and dig it up.

Edit: ct has them listed on their site. So I guess they are still being produced. My post might have been confusion on my end from the comptech/ct engineering change over.
direct link to CT-Eng.
I first saw them on Science of Speed and got the idea. I guess I'll double check with them, but if they list them.... I'm sure they sell them. And like you said, CT-E has them listed on the site!

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
I had a set for about two years and was very pleased with them. For daily driving and the occasional spirited drive they were awesome. I got rid of them because I wanted something stiffer. If your stock struts have fairly low mileage then they would be a good option.
My car is a 04 with 38K on it. I'd say for the money, it would possibly be worth running the stock shocks until they wear, then upgrade to Koni's? Did you notice your shocks getting weaker in those two years? Thanks for the input!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by importkid
I didn't think these were available any more. If you can find them then I'd say go for it. If not, check koni yellow and eibach ground controls. Those will probably run in the price of used coil overs though.
Thanks for the recommendation. Eibach makes the Ground Controls? I think I read that they make the springs for CT-E too.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Eibach makes the springs for ground control.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 AM

I was considering these as well... not popular enough and not enough reviews made me just get springs, which i now regret
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM

just so you know... ct springs are only 220lbs front & 280lbs rear
they might ride better but these springs are softer springs than stock.

Quick Reply: CT-Engineering Adjustable Coils?