S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Front suspension geometry drawing...

Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want an answer, here. http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a58.html. It is just as good as an answer as any rogue comment posted on this forum I would assume. Anyways, I thought this thread was about suspension geometry, which is why I commented the way I did. Not about spring rates and ride heights.

I agree completely about subtle changes making differences. Even an old fat guy with too much money in the gt3 cup can tell a 0.5% change in lateral load transfer distribution. Some drivers I've seen be able to tell changes in 0.1% or less.

As far as software goes, I like to use ADAMS/car. So, I understand that aspect. Don't know anything about Auto-ware, but anyone who claims roll centers are a "lie" and not applicable is just wrong, and doesn't understand the whole problem. Misunderstood quite often, yes. A tool that is completely useless? Don't think so. If you don't believe me, make some kind of bracket that mounts your lower a-arm pick up point an inch lower on your car and just see what it does to the balance of the car.

I will try and get points sometime off of my car when I have time if anyone else is actually interested in this.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Miles. Greenville is an acceptable drive. I need to get stock suspension measurements. If you have time we can meet up. If you don't I'll be taking measurements anyway, let me know if you'll need anything out of the ordinary.

Miko
Old 07-21-2010, 07:27 PM

Henslee, great link! That is exactly what I was looking for.

That "lie" thing is just to get people off their butts. Its the real deal.

I spent a ton of time on 240z with horrible roll centers that drove great because that was not the most important factor in handling for that chassis stiffness and suspension design.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpitfireS
After reading the "snake-oil" post for a while I see its closed now.
And I was going just to post a drawing of the front suspension parts, with calculated measurements.
Really interresting comments about bumbsteer and roll couple
It made me think twice about lowering the car.
Anyway....
I found a good drawing of the front in-wheel suspension in a S2000 PDF brochure.
I printed it out as big as possible on a A4 and calculated the scale with the diameter of the front disk (= 300mm), doublechecked it with the width (= 25mm) to find the scale was accurate ( 1:3.125). Hopefully the rest is to scale as well.

Here are the calculated lengths.
Angles dont change, when drawn in scale.
I'm not saying there within a millimeter, but taking measurements while the components are still on the car wont be accurate to the millimeter as well.

U = 208mm
L = 291mm
W = 247mm
C = 235mm
S = 524mm
CS = 488mm
Mounting point of shock from W = 75mm
Angle L & C = 80 degrees
Angle L & W = 80 degrees
Angle L & S = 67 degrees

Here's the drawing:
resurrection!! :-p

could you please resend the drawing if available?
Old 02-03-2019, 06:28 AM

I'm building a tube frame front end blind. Would love to get this picture back as well! I need the exact location and angles of the upper arms.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:33 PM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

Here ya go. Thanks again to SpitfireS.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:03 PM

You, sir, are a god. Or at the very least god-like. Thank you!