S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Honest opinion about BC Racing Coilovers on the Track

Old 12-11-2013, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been a long time fan of the HKS. Definitely the best budget shock for racing.

Two things:

1: They are out of production, replaced by the HKS IV GT or something. The new shock is more street-oriented and comfortable. How good it is on track I have no idea. I also don't have a lot of info on the shock in general.

2: Used examples are going to be few and far in between Also as mentioned above HKS USA is no longer here so rebuilding these requires shipping to Japan.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
I've been a long time fan of the HKS. Definitely the best budget shock for racing.

Two things:

1: They are out of production, replaced by the HKS IV GT or something. The new shock is more street-oriented and comfortable. How good it is on track I have no idea. I also don't have a lot of info on the shock in general.

2: Used examples are going to be few and far in between Also as mentioned above HKS USA is no longer here so rebuilding these requires shipping to Japan.
The hks are rebuildable in the states don't let the shops fool you with "they need to be sent to Japan"
Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by jr94513
Originally Posted by Sebring AP1' timestamp='1386826427' post='22918805

Two things:

The hks are rebuildable in the states don't let the shops fool you with "they need to be sent to Japan"
Yeah I know the internals are no different, however for an OEM build they will likely need to go back to Japan (if you want to nitpick everything)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope there is a place that rebuilds them to hks specs. Seals are seals and so is nitrogen, no different then hks uses. If you want more info pm me
Old 12-19-2013, 01:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Koni yellow ground control ->kwv3->ohlin r&c->moton/jrz/ohlin ttx

I think it's more important to look at overall handling dynamics vs just coilivers, hopefully your doing that.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have KW V3s and I love them. I have no frame of refrene with other coilovers, but my friend's 01 S2000 on stock suspension has tons of body roll where mine has literally none. For the track I would say my handling is very neutral and with a nonstaggered setup and Eibach sway bar set to full stiff I feel very comfortable. I may go to the next setting on the sway bar but right now it is very easy to handle. Added a rear wing and now even the higher speed corners are a breeze.

I do know of one guy who had BC Racing coilovers on the track...at one track day he went to adjust the rears a few clicks and accidentally set one softer and one harder. He subsequently went off track that session and banged up his car. So if that tells you something, at least their settings do something. That is all I know.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

check your inbox
Old 12-24-2013, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by clarkster009
I do know of one guy who had BC Racing coilovers on the track...at one track day he went to adjust the rears a few clicks and accidentally set one softer and one harder. He subsequently went off track that session and banged up his car. So if that tells you something, at least their settings do something. That is all I know.
This would've happened with any adjustable coilovers brand...
Old 07-07-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I noticed some of you guys had questions on BC Racing coilovers. We are a lead distributor of the brand and can help with any questions you have.

Here is a link to the specs of the coilover : http://www.kamispeed.com/BC-Racing-B...bcr.a-09br.htm
Old 07-08-2015, 06:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the money, a set of adjustable KW's would serve well with track use. There's a big difference between an ideal setup and what someone can afford at any given time. It's all about getting the best bang for the buck.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...5/i-68702.aspx

Quick Reply: Honest opinion about BC Racing Coilovers on the Track