S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

JRZ RS Pro vs KW CS

Old 06-15-2022, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRZ RS Pro vs MCS 2W remote

Hi guys, I'm planning to get a set of coil-overs, and seems like Kw CS and JRZ RS Pro are pretty similar on everything, like design, functions, and price......

Does anyone have experience in both? Just wanna know how they perform and what's the big difference between them. As far as I know, the KW CS has a little bit longer travel and softer springs(like 10/10). JRZ RS Pro has remote reservoir, also better coating on surface. I heard JRZ can let customers choose the spring rate they wanted. Of course, RS Pro is a little more expensive than KW CS, don’t know is it worth the money.

And yea, I gonna put the car on track.

Update:
Now, I narrow down to RS Pro and MCS 2W remote Track Vers. Which one will do the better job on the track?

Last edited by lwkkaka; 06-18-2022 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2022, 04:38 AM

Received 1,272 Likes on 961 Posts

The JRZ are probably easier to deal with in terms of re-valves for custom spring rates and/or rebuilds.

Why/how did you narrow it down to these two? What is important for you in terms of the setup?
Old 06-16-2022, 01:32 PM

Received 568 Likes on 398 Posts

For the money, I would also throw in MCS 2-way remote (or 2WNR) and Penske 8300 DA into your consideration. I got the 2WNR package with custom spring selection and tophats from Karcepts - very happy with them.

KW CS isn't at the same level as these - i've ridden in an S2k with the KW CS it's not true motorsport level. Not that KW doesn't make good quality motorsport level shocks - just that the CS isn't it (it's just a stiffer sprung v3).
Old 06-16-2022, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
The JRZ are probably easier to deal with in terms of re-valves for custom spring rates and/or rebuilds.

Why/how did you narrow it down to these two? What is important for you in terms of the setup?
I'm looking for something 4k-, 2 way adjustable, custom springs rate with valving and also good in re-sell value. I know feal and fortune are doing good with all those things, but for their price, I'd rather to pick one with popular brand name.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
For the money, I would also throw in MCS 2-way remote (or 2WNR) and Penske 8300 DA into your consideration. I got the 2WNR package with custom spring selection and tophats from Karcepts - very happy with them.

KW CS isn't at the same level as these - i've ridden in an S2k with the KW CS it's not true motorsport level. Not that KW doesn't make good quality motorsport level shocks - just that the CS isn't it (it's just a stiffer sprung v3).
I totally agree with your opinion on KW CS. If I need to change the springs and re-valving the shock to get stiffer setup, then the price can buy something better.
Have no idea about MCS-2, seems like they are not so popular. Penske 8300 is not in my budget, quite expensive.
Could you talk more about how would you feel on MCS-2?
Old 06-16-2022, 07:11 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

+1 for karcepts packaged mcs 2way's in my case remotes. what curbs?
Old 06-17-2022, 12:23 AM

Received 568 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by lwkkaka
Could you talk more about how would you feel on MCS-2?
My take, is that they handle bumps and curbing really well. The clicks make meaningful changes and you can dial in under/oversteer to compliment your springs. At the medium to lower stiffness settings, it's very compliant and not crashy over rough and bumpy surfaces. I've set most of my fastest laps on them.

https://karcepts.com/collections/hon...ension-package

The 2WNR is popular with the TT5 crowd due to being 2way adjustable without a remote reservoir.

If you want to, you can even get the 1WNR, and upgrade it to a 2-way (or 3-way) remote later. It's the same exact shock body and internals.

This is an overview on the 2wnr from the NASA national champ for 2018 and 2019.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:00 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

i've driven various s2000's on kw v3's, moton doubles, ohlins dfv, ohlins ttx, mcs, jrz rs pros, penske 8300, and penske 8700s.

id say the best value/performance would be the mcs 2way remotes especially if you want the ability to revalve. the 2way non remotes cannot be revalved , or extremely limited in capability as thats my understanding from karcepts.

the jrz's are limited in revalve choices, and my least favorite part not much low speed compression.

i dont feel the penske 8300's are worth the extra cost unless you spec it with the regressive valve. the regressive valve is pretty amazing, you can cream curbs and go over really big bumps and its like a magic carpet ride

The 8700's were probably the most amazing shocks i've ever driven on as they were spec'd with regressive valves, but also hugely expensive. Extremely compliant and just soaks up every bump , while the ability to give a lot of platform support and that low roll feel and so much response. just everything you want a shock to do it does it.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:27 AM
Jub

Received 392 Likes on 312 Posts

I'm another happy customer with MCS 2 Way remotes. MCS/JRZ/Moton are all very similar in construction and I believe the guys who founded MCS have worked at Moton in the past. MCS has been getting popular over the last few years and they seem to support the motorsports crowd pretty well. Having a good vendor is also important to get you set up right. I actually bought my set used (luckily) but had MCS rebuild them through Karcepts and they've helped me with setup. I went in pretty indifferent between remotes vs. non-remotes thinking I didn't need them. Karcepts explained the differences between them and that the remotes are really a better damper. The dampers really are amazing. They're pretty happy to hop curbs even at high spring rates (15k, 12.5k). Even just watching cars on an autocross course, you can see how much more composed the ones with good dampers are over bumpy sections. I can certainly feel bumps with mine but the tire maintains good contact with the ground and doesn't really upset the car much.

On whichever JRZ package you're looking at, make sure the price you're using as a baseline includes tophats, hardware, and springs. Shocks at this level are typically not quoted with them unless sold as a package from a vendor. The price sounds more like the base price of just the dampers. I'd also recommend considering 2.25" diameter springs. My setup came with hardware for 2.5" and it's what I'm currently running. I have been toying with going to 18's with wider tires and I'd likely need a 2.25" diameter setup to do it. That's a few hundred dollars to change over and if I were buying new, I'd make sure to get the 2.25 setup just in case you need it later.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
My take, is that they handle bumps and curbing really well. The clicks make meaningful changes and you can dial in under/oversteer to compliment your springs. At the medium to lower stiffness settings, it's very compliant and not crashy over rough and bumpy surfaces. I've set most of my fastest laps on them.

https://karcepts.com/collections/hon...ension-package

The 2WNR is popular with the TT5 crowd due to being 2way adjustable without a remote reservoir.

If you want to, you can even get the 1WNR, and upgrade it to a 2-way (or 3-way) remote later. It's the same exact shock body and internals.

This is an overview on the 2wnr from the NASA national champ for 2018 and 2019.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29KNSfJra0&t=6s
Originally Posted by Jub
I'm another happy customer with MCS 2 Way remotes. MCS/JRZ/Moton are all very similar in construction and I believe the guys who founded MCS have worked at Moton in the past. MCS has been getting popular over the last few years and they seem to support the motorsports crowd pretty well. Having a good vendor is also important to get you set up right. I actually bought my set used (luckily) but had MCS rebuild them through Karcepts and they've helped me with setup. I went in pretty indifferent between remotes vs. non-remotes thinking I didn't need them. Karcepts explained the differences between them and that the remotes are really a better damper. The dampers really are amazing. They're pretty happy to hop curbs even at high spring rates (15k, 12.5k). Even just watching cars on an autocross course, you can see how much more composed the ones with good dampers are over bumpy sections. I can certainly feel bumps with mine but the tire maintains good contact with the ground and doesn't really upset the car much.

On whichever JRZ package you're looking at, make sure the price you're using as a baseline includes tophats, hardware, and springs. Shocks at this level are typically not quoted with them unless sold as a package from a vendor. The price sounds more like the base price of just the dampers. I'd also recommend considering 2.25" diameter springs. My setup came with hardware for 2.5" and it's what I'm currently running. I have been toying with going to 18's with wider tires and I'd likely need a 2.25" diameter setup to do it. That's a few hundred dollars to change over and if I were buying new, I'd make sure to get the 2.25 setup just in case you need it later.
Originally Posted by ncrx
i've driven various s2000's on kw v3's, moton doubles, ohlins dfv, ohlins ttx, mcs, jrz rs pros, penske 8300, and penske 8700s.

id say the best value/performance would be the mcs 2way remotes especially if you want the ability to revalve. the 2way non remotes cannot be revalved , or extremely limited in capability as thats my understanding from karcepts.

the jrz's are limited in revalve choices, and my least favorite part not much low speed compression.

i dont feel the penske 8300's are worth the extra cost unless you spec it with the regressive valve. the regressive valve is pretty amazing, you can cream curbs and go over really big bumps and its like a magic carpet ride

The 8700's were probably the most amazing shocks i've ever driven on as they were spec'd with regressive valves, but also hugely expensive. Extremely compliant and just soaks up every bump , while the ability to give a lot of platform support and that low roll feel and so much response. just everything you want a shock to do it does it.
Thank you, guys! You all gave me a food of thought! I'll do some more research on MCS. The 2WNR is slightly over my budget, 2W is totally over. Would you guys have the connection that I can get them for cheaper price?
Btw, would you hear about Nitron R3? Seems like they are not bad, but couldn't find some more info in S2k world. Just know they are kind of popular in UK, especially in Lotus world.

Quick Reply: JRZ RS Pro vs KW CS