S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

JRZ RS Pro vs KW CS

Old 06-25-2022, 09:59 PM
Jub

Received 394 Likes on 314 Posts

Agreed with your synopsis overall as long as there's a good vendor to support the JRZ product. If we're comparing apples to apples, and it sounds like we are, JRZ sounds like a better deal. JRZ/Moton/MCS remotes are all very similar designs from what I'm told. I <3 my MCS but I bought them at bargain rates used. If you can save > $1k by going JRZ, that probably makes sense.
I had the same idea. Idk much about damper theory but read upon on basics. I wanted 2W's to learn and experience shock tuning. I can't say I'm good at it but I've learned some and at least have the opportunity to experience what +2 clicks rear rebound does to the car with known good dampers. There's certainly value in that if that's what you want to learn.
Old 06-26-2022, 12:24 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by lwkkaka
TTX and Penske are totally out of my budget, that’s why I don’t even think about them. MCS seems like everything good fit for me, but the price is kind of tricky to me. RS pro and 2wnr are the almost same price and similar design, but hey look, the RS pro also comes with the external reservoirs, while 2wnr doesn’t have. The 2W remote is around 5k, it also out of my budget. I do love the Karcepts design, especially the sway bar. But for the price point of coilovers, I don’t see why I should pick MCS. I think their price maybe also the why that make them not so popular.
The MCS 2WNR shocks are $3800, with springs and hardware $4300 on Karcepts. The Penske 7500 DA set for the S2000 is $3860 on the Penske website. Note that they are $2800 for a super late model stock car. I don't see online prices any longer for the TTX but the 2 way was in the same price range.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
The MCS 2WNR shocks are $3800, with springs and hardware $4300 on Karcepts. The Penske 7500 DA set for the S2000 is $3860 on the Penske website. Note that they are $2800 for a super late model stock car. I don't see online prices any longer for the TTX but the 2 way was in the same price range.
Yea, for the price of MCS 2wnr, I can a set of RS pro with everything. If I can afford Penske, I'll get 8300. TTX 2 way with everything is around 6k. I actually kind of like the 2wnr, but the price.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:28 AM

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Hi guys, I'm planning to get a set of coil-overs, and seems like Kw CS and JRZ RS Pro are pretty similar on everything, like design, functions, and price......

Does anyone have experience in both? Just wanna know how they perform and what's the big difference between them. As far as I know, the KW CS has a little bit longer travel and softer springs(like 10/10). JRZ RS Pro has remote reservoir, also better coating on surface. I heard JRZ can let customers choose the spring rate they wanted. Of course, RS Pro is a little more expensive than KW CS, don’t know is it worth the money.

And yea, I gonna put the car on track.

Update:
Now, I narrow down to RS Pro and MCS 2W remote Track Vers. Which one will do the better job on the track?
You're in the USA. I own JRZ RS Pro's and I spent my early season dialing in a set of MCS 2WA while co-driving a friend's car. I will steer you to Karcepts and their MCS package, but not because one is better than the other.

According to Karcepts, MCS has superior build quality on their non-remote adjustable shocks. The RS1 and RS2 shocks would get locked up and stop working. Their remote adjusters (JRZ RS Pro to MCS 2W) are on equal level though. That being said, they no longer carry JRZ's because MCS has far superior support. JRZ had longer lead times, assembly mistakes, and not following to specification requests to name a few problems.

That being said, I have JRZ's. Once you find a reputable suspension shop, it takes the manufacturer's problems out of the equation. Olsen Motorsports is the recommended shop for servicing JRZ's.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rush2redline
You're in the USA. I own JRZ RS Pro's and I spent my early season dialing in a set of MCS 2WA while co-driving a friend's car. I will steer you to Karcepts and their MCS package, but not because one is better than the other.

According to Karcepts, MCS has superior build quality on their non-remote adjustable shocks. The RS1 and RS2 shocks would get locked up and stop working. Their remote adjusters (JRZ RS Pro to MCS 2W) are on equal level though. That being said, they no longer carry JRZ's because MCS has far superior support. JRZ had longer lead times, assembly mistakes, and not following to specification requests to name a few problems.

That being said, I have JRZ's. Once you find a reputable suspension shop, it takes the manufacturer's problems out of the equation. Olsen Motorsports is the recommended shop for servicing JRZ's.
Agree! I actually like the 2wnr, but the price, which is = RS pro.
Old 07-13-2022, 04:18 PM

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Agree! I actually like the 2wnr, but the price, which is = RS pro.
Little late on this but yeah. MCS 2WNR = $4300, while JRZ RSPRO (2WR) = $4340 . It's a no brainer to go with JRZ's at that price comparison. Join me on the JRZ wagon.