S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

KW V3 vs Megan/BC/Buddy Club etc

Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyD1978,Jan 6 2010, 02:48 PM
that may very well be true, but if anyone is worried about that then i hope you're getting your car corner balanced/aligned on a regular basis as well.

for my daily driver/track day car entry level coilovers from a reputable company work just fine.

if you're building a serious track/race car then i would have a different opinion.

i have passed many people on the track with more expensive setups and way more expensive cars....

as it stands an entry level coilover is fine for 95% of s2k owners that can't take the car to the limit anyways.....don't equate lack of driving skill for lack of car campaibility.
Not on a regular basis but only once, but I do not adjust my ride height. If I was doing this for high stakes competition, then yes I would.

It's not about the 5% of the people, it's about the principle of taking a step forward with what you've got, not backwards.

If you go with something reputable that can deliver results with facts to back them up, then I would put my money on that company.

Yes, you are correct about the fact that a drivers experience out weighs the price of the parts. But if you're going to get better, make sure you do it on a solid foundation, if you're going to learn your local track I would make sure the car is setup properly.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.2heikh,Jan 6 2010, 03:24 PM
What about H&R coilovers? I had them on my 3 series and Vw and they were amazing. Nice smooth ride without being bumpy. But when as soon as you take a corner it stiffins up really nicely.

Has anyone tried H&R on their s2k
Bilstein makes the dampers for the H&R kit, and IINM, it's a non-adjustable damper, so the kit should be similar to the PSS, which is to say good. I'm not sure of the relative spring rates in the H&R kit vs PSS. But for the price range, Bilstein dampers are hard to beat, plus they can be serviced/revalved in the US rather economically.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fenixv8,Dec 5 2009, 12:22 PM
u can't compare the KW v 3's with those other coilovers, in a completely different league.

when it comes down to it, if youre willing to spend the extra cash, do it.
its worth it. only reason im on megan tracks is because im a full time student with no money. plus i dont track. if i were to track, id rather feel confident that my suspension will do its job and get the kw's

sure megans can too but kws can do it better.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yet to run a track day. I have the Buddy Club racing spec and so far very happy with them. I would say though, like most things out there, if you pay more then you should be getting a better valve/performance product then if you don't. I have only personally tried the Buddy Clubs and was very undecieded at first. I have heard many great things (for both DD and autoX) with Megans, Buddys and HKS But for my price range I went with the Buddy Clubs. So far. Very happy. Good Luck to the OP!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Even though you are going to only track it a couple times in a year, having a quality suspension setup will make your car feel so much better even during daily driving conditions. It makes your car fun to drive!

If you get a lower and cheaper setup the handling will drop and the ride quality will get worse. If the dampening is off it will feel like you are riding on a really harsh boat. Our Coworker here runs V3's on his S2k and he loves it, you get performance, really SMOOTH ride quality with really firm and responsive dampening and the adjustability that any enthusiast would want.

IMO this is one area of car modding you dont want to skimp on, our 2 cents here is to get the right setup once and be happier in the long run.

- All Items Are Shipped Via FedEx.
- All Orders Are Repackaged To Help Prevent Any Damage Which May Occur During Transit.
- Any Order Cancellation Will Result In A 25% Processing Fee.
- Local Pick-Ups Available. Please Call For Details.
- No Cancellation on JDM Or Special Orders. No Exceptions!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crisgo,Jan 7 2010, 04:10 PM
I have yet to run a track day. I have the Buddy Club racing spec and so far very happy with them. I would say though, like most things out there, if you pay more then you should be getting a better valve/performance product then if you don't. I have only personally tried the Buddy Clubs and was very undecieded at first. I have heard many great things (for both DD and autoX) with Megans, Buddys and HKS But for my price range I went with the Buddy Clubs. So far. Very happy. Good Luck to the OP!
Buddy Club Race spec are great and there's a ton of information and feedback about them
Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by jdmap1-rc51,Dec 7 2009, 10:38 AM
thanks man, but r those toyota guys using it for track purposes, I myslelf will be using it just for the streets and its not my daily driver.
Street.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:50 PM

I just installed BuddyClub N+ on my s2k, Ill tell you right now you can "tuck" your tires easily. I had to raise mine up to about 1 1/2 finger gap to feel safe and not ruin my $350 oem lip in just put on (and im a fan of riding dumped). Ill update how the ride is when the snow goes away. Iowa FTL
Old 01-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 1,263 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmap1-rc51,Dec 5 2009, 06:56 AM
Has anyone heard of anything about the D2 coilovers w/cambers adj???
There aren't any coilovers for the S2000 with camber adjusters. It's a double wishbone car...you can't adjust camber via the shock.

The car comes with stock camber adjustment.

I wouldn't put D2s on it...mainly because they're garbage. I'd rather just put $800 in the garbage right away instead of going through the middle step of installation and then having to put them in the garbage anyway a few months later.

The KWs ride SOOOOOOOOOOO good. I have V3s on my car. Maybe the OP should consider V2s or V1s? They're not really for slamming...but I don't have any gap on my fenders and my car rides great. I do track it often also.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by wild_s2k,Dec 2 2009, 11:57 AM
if you are going to slam the car, just go with whatever that is adjustable with the lower cup part (whatever is called)..KW v3 is not in this case, not made for slamming cars.. I am at the lowest recommended setting and its about 1 or half finger gap...
I was thinking 1.7in. drop as the upper range was too much? Check the range below (1.7-2.9in.) in the screen shot from the KW store.

I am considering the KW V3 but I was hoping for a range that started closer to 1in. drop just because I don't want to go too low, I just want ride comfort improvement and performance. Am I just being overly cautious?

Also, just curious....What would be considered "slammed"....3+ inches drop?

Quick Reply: KW V3 vs Megan/BC/Buddy Club etc