S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Looking for Coilover Recs

Old 11-06-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Coilover Recs

I plan to get coilovers, wheels, front and rear aero, and spherical bushings. I am looking for 1) Recommendations on coilovers and 2) Recommendations for a shop in Los Angeles that can install them,

My goal is for the car to be capable of sub-2 minute lap times at Buttonwillow and Auto Club Speedway and to handle bumps and railroad tracks better than stock. Basically, the coilovers should have a level of build quality and adjustability to achieve this. The shop must have enough experience with the car and coilovers to make it happen.

Here are the options I considered:

Ballade can install the Nitron R3s they run on their race car. The owner told me the car is capable of 1:45 on Buttonwillow. I have no evidence of this, but Super Lap Battle is this weekend, so we'll see. My concern is that it may be difficult finding a shop that can service Nitron shocks if I move away from SoCal.

Evasive is familiar with Tein SRC. While SRC have a good track record, they are not comfortable.

I can order Penske 8300s for $795 a corner from Guy Akeny. These should have the performance and ride quality I'm looking for, but I don't know if a shop like Evasive or Ballade has experience with these. They would need to match them to springs, top hats, and help with wheel fitment. Most people don't buy Penske as their first aftermarket shock, so they already know these things.

Please offer suggestions or let me know if there' something I haven't considered.

Ryan