S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Matching sway bars for a Bilstein coil over

Old 02-13-2023, 08:40 AM

Received 278 Likes on 201 Posts

[QUOTE=Viscousrealtime;24985884]
Originally Posted by Mr.Matchbox
As allways, thank you guys. Lot of usefull information and input.

First, i only read comments about the Bilstein PSS describing it as softer and more comofortable compared to OEM suspension. I never read a different opinion. I am surprised to read the the Bilstein springs are stiffer compared to OEM..
The "Rule of thumb" "Soft springs - Stiff sway bars" applys only for road, mountain courses. The rule is from a book about car supension, this book is up to date, comprehensive and simply "the Bible" in german language. The author also has race expirience with a Honda S2000. https://www.wwmotorsport.de/das-buch/ Best thing, he runs a suspension shop and is located only a hour away from me.

Staggerd setup and adjustbale sway bars are not Street legal here, at least for the S2000. I forgott to mention that our german laws sometimes spoils the fun...
You are all correct that each driver is different and prefer a different setup. I know this very well from Motorcycles. Sometime, when i switch bikes with a buddy, i am really stunned wich suspension setup others use. Trying out different swaybars is a bit problematic here, because they sold only a handfull of S2000 here in Germany and used parts are scarse.
Thank you all![/QUOTE
Anywhere to get this book in English that you know of?
No. But this book is so incredible good, it should be translated. Maybe send a mail to german publisher Paul Pietsch - Motorbuch? Or ask Veloce publishing in egland if they do a translated edition.
You could have a first impression of this book here, with the red arrow "Blick ins Buch"

https://www.motorbuch.de/index.php?a...183307&navid=1

Spot the red S2000....
Old 02-13-2023, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by engifineer
A production car is set up for a very wide variety of drivers and surface types and leans towards being comfortable and compliant on the street. If we spend more time on the track than the street, we find that we can do things that make the car better on the track at the cost of less comfort on the street and possibly worse handling on rougher roads. It is all about application. And there are plenty who probably are running around on the street 100% the time, set up like a track car, that probably handles worse in their everyday application than it could with a softer more stock like setup.
I know and i agreee with you.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:08 AM

I think the funniest part of this will be the dealing with the rusted alignment bolts on the suspension. Really funny.
I had a phone call with Bilstein today. The B16 Coil over for the S2000 is out of stock at the moment, but the next production run is shedulled allready. It should be available again at end of April.