S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

please get good opinions, please!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please get good opinions, please!

Now i know lowering springs are the cheap easy way to do lowering. And unfortunatly thats the route i wannt to go. i want to go with megan racing lowering springs and i was wondering what else i should get to make it at least a little right.
Please help, dont make fun of me, i dont have wads of cash right now, but i do have some to spend and ive been really wanting to lower my car but i cant afford the 1000$ coilovers.

Any help?
Jim
Old 10-03-2010, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eibach Pro's seem to be a popular choice along with Tein. If you want more of a drop you could look into Espilir or Skunk lowering springs.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save the money for racing and stay at stock height. That's what I would do.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by robinson,Oct 3 2010, 05:46 PM
Save the money for racing and stay at stock height. That's what I would do.
i dont race, i just do t for looks.
But it has to ride good, i just dont want vibration and a terrible ride, i can handle stiff suspension, just super bouncy would be annoying.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like my espelir springs, a nice drop and they ride the same as stock to me
Old 10-04-2010, 01:03 AM

really depends how low you wanna go yeh?

From my experience, especially when you're on a lmited budget its VERY VERY important to do things correctly the first time, so that you only have to do it once.

I dont know if you're DIY'ing but, running lowering springs on stock shocks will generally wear out those stock shocks faster (even with the external chamber design of the s2k shocks). At which point, you'll have to buy new shocks and reinstall everything. Could be 3 months, could be 3 years.

what I would do is either save for both, and do it at the same time, or run Koni's or cheaper coilovers.

I have the koni's on stock springs and I love them. They drop the car maybe .5-.75 of an inch and are the perfect trade off between hight and comfort. (for me). relatively cheap too.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:24 AM

i went with tein, just springs, what else should i get? sleeves?
Do i have to have the car re aligned and balanced, or once theyre on im good?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM

i got tein S techs and koni adjustable yellow shocks set to the lower perch all around about 1.5"

as far as getting an alignment, i guess you could wait, but with the alignment out of spec (generally when changng ride height it is recomended to get an alignment as well) you will wear down tires much faster than the S is already prone to doing..if you have a 1" drop, you can still get an OEM alignment spec and you will be fine, or UK if you prefer it...but seeing as you dropped it primarily for looks, maybe just go with the standard. or get an alignment at a shop that does 3 year, 6 year, or lifetime alignment and then you can try both.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:47 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=813701
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=816018
Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by whitebrad25,Oct 4 2010, 08:43 AM
i got tein S techs and koni adjustable yellow shocks set to the lower perch all around about 1.5"

as far as getting an alignment, i guess you could wait, but with the alignment out of spec (generally when changng ride height it is recomended to get an alignment as well) you will wear down tires much faster than the S is already prone to doing..if you have a 1" drop, you can still get an OEM alignment spec and you will be fine, or UK if you prefer it...but seeing as you dropped it primarily for looks, maybe just go with the standard. or get an alignment at a shop that does 3 year, 6 year, or lifetime alignment and then you can try both.
i was already looking into the koni shocks, ill probably go with those in another month or so just to be on the safe side.
And aligning, i alrady have an appt for that hah, and a tire balance for goo measure.
The car is just for looks, not racing, ya i know over time they will wear but hopefully before that happens ill have a set of coilovers. This mod is just for the time being, meaning a year or so ha
thanks guys

Quick Reply: please get good opinions, please!