S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

s2000

Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

megans are crap dude, ive seen those things shear in half and not to mention they ride like crap. Those "adjusters" they have are pretty worthless as well, its a poor damper masked by a stiff spring. I even have a friend who competes professionally in the drifting scene who used to be sponsored by them and even he says there crap!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Brands I would never buy:

Megans
Stance
D2
Function & Form

all are cheap POS.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
megans are crap dude, ive seen those things shear in half and not to mention they ride like crap. Those "adjusters" they have are pretty worthless as well, its a poor damper masked by a stiff spring. I even have a friend who competes professionally in the drifting scene who used to be sponsored by them and even he says there crap!
I have to disagree. I have Megan track series on my s and ji love them. The dampening adjustment is great. They ride close to As smooth as stock suspention. With them turned up and balanced ride they give a firm sporty feeling ride with the normal bit of bouncyness that comes along with a stiff Suspension. over all I love them. This post was for street driving not hardcore racing. And for that they are fine. I use to be a Megan hater too. And the coils have been on the car for about 40,000 miles and are not blown. They came on the car when I bought it and the first thing I thought was great im gunna have to get new suspention, but they suprised me and they are a great street coilover. And they're fun in the twisties too.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ftpsk8
I run Apexi N1 damper and love em... no noise and run very smooth, also adjustable.
and I beleive the apexi's are rebadged megans, at a higher price
Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica

Megans
Stance
D2
Function & Form

all are cheap POS.
All you people who are happy with your "budget" coilovers are only happy cuz that is all you know compared to stock or springs,...spend some time pushing the car to the limit at an autox or track on that stuff and see what happens,...then ride in a well equipped car
Old 07-22-2012, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kreapin
The PSS9's always get good reviews so you cant go wrong. I'm on Fortune Auto 500 series and love them. I have read good reviews and bad on the Buddy Club's and it appears many like them. I spent some time reading threads here and articles on other sites and came to understand that the strut deserves the most attention in suspension talks. There are basically 3 types, progressive, digressive, and linear. I'm not gonna sit here and write a 5 paragraph post to explain but digressive strut is the way to go. PSS9 and Fortune Auto both use digressive as do many of the higher end setups.
BC racing is also digressive, and they give you dyno printouts when you get them revalved.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Originally Posted by RedCelica' timestamp='1342637834' post='21870270

Megans
Stance
D2
Function & Form

all are cheap POS.
All you people who are happy with your "budget" coilovers are only happy cuz that is all you know compared to stock or springs,...spend some time pushing the car to the limit at an autox or track on that stuff and see what happens,...then ride in a well equipped car
Not everyone has $1500+ to spend on coils. And this thread was for street coilovers. Which is what I was looking for. Not every one tracks there car
Old 07-22-2012, 02:04 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

you dont need to track or autox to appreciate a good coilover,...if i would have known what i know now i would have kept saving (i dont track my car,...and i wanted new coilovers before i started autocrossing)
the cheaper lines offer nothing but the ability to lower, the handling gets worse even on the street, bumpy roads and you will get a stomach ache from your food being tossed around so much.
you know when you are sitting at a red light and see a ricer in an old hatch bouncing across the intersection???...thats what i feel like my car handles and looks like on buddyclub n+

I say go with Bilstein pss9 for a "Street" coilover if you want a 1k dollar budget, it will offer more composure over bumps than the cheap line of megan, d2, stance, buddyclub, etc etc
Old 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM

How low are you on the Buddy Club N+? I have them with a small gap and I don't find them anything like that? Previous owner of my car had them even lower and yea it felt a bit uncomfortable - but at a decent ride height they feel fine.

I've only got two auto-x's on mine and only 6k, I guess time will tell . I've heard good things of the Bilsteins
Old 07-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 03suzuka...s2000
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1342976204' post='21879746
[quote name='RedCelica' timestamp='1342637834' post='21870270']

Megans
Stance
D2
Function & Form

all are cheap POS.
Not everyone has $1500+ to spend on coils. And this thread was for street coilovers. Which is what I was looking for. Not every one tracks there car
[/quote]

So why not buy a quality spring and shock combo like swift + konis for <$900...at least then you're getting a top-notch set of parts instead of cheap crap. Like he said in the OP, he's not looking for adjustability. The swifts will drop 1.25" and give you a stiffer spring rate (7.5/7 kg/mm f/r). Do yourself a service by improving the performance of your suspension over stock instead of worsening it.

Quick Reply: s2000