S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Titan7 T-R10 & Acura TL Type S Caliper Fitment

Old 03-07-2022, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Titan7 T-R10 & Acura TL Type S Caliper Fitment

Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone can confirm if the Acura TL Type S caliper will fit with the T-R10. Looking to do the upgrade but want to know if the calipers will work with my current wheel setup.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2022, 03:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 218 Likes on 139 Posts

Should work.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Should work.
Thanks man! Looking to see if anyone is running the combo too.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:37 PM

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a set of T7 TR10s. The spoke clearance is pretty generous at the barrel edge however they still are concave towards the center which may cause problems with clearance. This is pertinent because the Acura caliper conversion still uses smaller rotors which will set the caliper closer to the center of the hub where the spokes are converging. This and the fact that the TL caliper being fatter than OEM might cause problems with clearance. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any template otherwise I'd be willing to test it out for you. If you can find relative measurements for the caliper width from center to outboard edge compared to OEM I might be able to spit ball it for you.

I have tried templates for the Urge/AP Racing BBK and it doesn't clear. In contrast the SBG/Wilwood kit clear the wheels despite the calipers being the same width. The difference comes down to the fact that the Urge kit uses a smaller rotor and has the caliper closer to the hub. By proxy I imagine the Spoon kit will have trouble too. The TL caliper seems thinner than the Spoon however it's hard to tell by eye ball.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Shift9303
I have a set of T7 TR10s. The spoke clearance is pretty generous at the barrel edge however they still are concave towards the center which may cause problems with clearance. This is pertinent because the Acura caliper conversion still uses smaller rotors which will set the caliper closer to the center of the hub where the spokes are converging. This and the fact that the TL caliper being fatter than OEM might cause problems with clearance. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any template otherwise I'd be willing to test it out for you. If you can find relative measurements for the caliper width from center to outboard edge compared to OEM I might be able to spit ball it for you.

I have tried templates for the Urge/AP Racing BBK and it doesn't clear. In contrast the SBG/Wilwood kit clear the wheels despite the calipers being the same width. The difference comes down to the fact that the Urge kit uses a smaller rotor and has the caliper closer to the hub. By proxy I imagine the Spoon kit will have trouble too. The TL caliper seems thinner than the Spoon however it's hard to tell by eye ball.
Appreciate it man, let me see what I can pull together!