S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

URGE Designs

Old 04-02-2021, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGE Designs

I just wanted to say “thank you” to Patrick at Urge Designs. I bought a 2000 S2000 from my business partner with 24000 miles on it. He bought it new for his wife, the car lived in Florida, stored in a garage under two covers, and never has been driven in the rain. Needles to say it was a special find and any “modification” to the car would be carefully thought out.

That led me to Urge Designs. The front shocks were worn out. I guess, do to lack of use and father time, the seals went bad. So, I started doing my research and decided to go with Ohlins shocks with Swift springs. With my motorcycle racing background, I new they were a quality product. So, I bought the Ohlins and springs from Patrick.

Based on the condition of the car, I was very concerned how it would turn out and I had A LOT OF QUESTIONS for Patrick from the very beginning. During my initial research, Patrick, and one other supplier responded to my first email. After that, Patrick responded to EVERY email I sent to him!

This project started in mid-December. Well do to backorders and shipping problems (covid related), Patrick kept me informed as to what the delivery status would be for the entire time, while continuing to answer my emails with questions not even related to suspensions!!

I have been in sales for 30+ years and am a huge proponent of service before, during, and after the sale. He even suggested the alignment settings to use. Patrick could not have handled it any better. I would highly recommend reaching out to Urge Designs for any of your suspension needs.

I love the way the car handles and rides. Firm, but planted. Sharp bumps in the road are now thumps rather than bangs. The car is super stable at speed. Steering response is quick and precise without being twitchy. Overall feeling would be neutral. Please bear in mind I do not track the car in any way. Nor do I plan to. Just a weekend warrior for rides in the North Georgia mountains, The Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Dragon Tail.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick French
I just wanted to say “thank you” to Patrick at Urge Designs. I bought a 2000 S2000 from my business partner with 24000 miles on it. He bought it new for his wife, the car lived in Florida, stored in a garage under two covers, and never has been driven in the rain. Needles to say it was a special find and any “modification” to the car would be carefully thought out.

That led me to Urge Designs. The front shocks were worn out. I guess, do to lack of use and father time, the seals went bad. So, I started doing my research and decided to go with Ohlins shocks with Swift springs. With my motorcycle racing background, I new they were a quality product. So, I bought the Ohlins and springs from Patrick.

Based on the condition of the car, I was very concerned how it would turn out and I had A LOT OF QUESTIONS for Patrick from the very beginning. During my initial research, Patrick, and one other supplier responded to my first email. After that, Patrick responded to EVERY email I sent to him!

This project started in mid-December. Well do to backorders and shipping problems (covid related), Patrick kept me informed as to what the delivery status would be for the entire time, while continuing to answer my emails with questions not even related to suspensions!!

I have been in sales for 30+ years and am a huge proponent of service before, during, and after the sale. He even suggested the alignment settings to use. Patrick could not have handled it any better. I would highly recommend reaching out to Urge Designs for any of your suspension needs.

I love the way the car handles and rides. Firm, but planted. Sharp bumps in the road are now thumps rather than bangs. The car is super stable at speed. Steering response is quick and precise without being twitchy. Overall feeling would be neutral. Please bear in mind I do not track the car in any way. Nor do I plan to. Just a weekend warrior for rides in the North Georgia mountains, The Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Dragon Tail.

Great feedback. I look forward to discussing my current build/goals with them. They seem to have a lot of products which I am interested, brakes/suspension/bolt ons. I have an 06 AP2 and getting the track bug. I will be reaching out shortly and hoping they give a good deal if I'm ready to spend some $$ upgrading my old lady. She spent almost a decade up north and many things are rusty (which makes me nervous) but, she handled her track days rather well.

Again thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-13-2021, 07:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed, Patrick and Urge Designs have some of the best customer service in the business.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Pat!!!