S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

ABP with Matching interior?

Old 03-04-2015, 05:28 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by iamxpL
you should make a watch strap for me in the tomcat fabric =)

If I have enough left over after the 2 pillows, I'll send you the rest and you can make the watch strap
Old 03-04-2015, 06:24 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KVee
ill be searching around for a pair of suzuka blue floor mats, as for seats, im thinking of either the blue dc5 recaro seats, evo8 recaro or possibly some aftermarket seats cipher auto? maybe.. which ever i find cheaper or first i suppose. I really want to get the dc5 but they are hard to come by and a little bank.. so chances are ill be trying the evo 8 seats.
I agree with Mocky. Save up and then buy quality. Another option might be just to have your OEM seats stitched in blue. It would be subtle and would tie stuff in to your black and blue interior unless you are wanting aftermarket seats for performance reasons as well. Either way your interior will look nice. Cheers.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:28 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I agree, besides the quality issue, the last thing you want is mismatched blue colors throughout the car. Buy a quality seat, and if need be let someone like JPM Coachworks match the blue in whatever design you wish. Good luck in your conversion.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

itll be pretty hard to match the shade of blue unless i go with one direct source for everything however this whole project was purely a budget set up..

all the fund to gather this set up will and has cost no more than $2-300 for the moment. I understand what you guys mean by quality however the main purpose is to obtain a matching interior that suits the ABP exterior. Im not here for show credits or wow factor. To be honest if i were to do things the right way without factoring in the funds, i would have had everything professionally redone.. but im not financially able to throw thousands of dollars just to change the interior theme.

heres my price break down so far:
Suzuka blue door panels - $80 s2ki
suede shift boot - $10 ebay
steering wheel - $200 (friend)
blue stitching thread - $5
floor mats - ? (budget for this will be $100 or less)
seats - ? (budget for this will be $600-700
seat brackets - ? (already have driver side, will need to source passenger or modify oem)

so all in all, im expecting to spend somewhere around $1200 MAX..

for all who dont agree with my way, your telling me to go quality where each seat will cost atleast $1200 each.. thats just not worth it in my book.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I have always liked the look of a nice tan or brown interior on a blue car. I know it would be a tall order as you would have to change out a lot of the inside but it could look nice and keep that contrast without the bright yellow. This brown that wasn't offered int he US could look nice as well.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:10 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KVee
itll be pretty hard to match the shade of blue unless i go with one direct source for everything however this whole project was purely a budget set up.. all the fund to gather this set up will and has cost no more than $2-300 for the moment. I understand what you guys mean by quality however the main purpose is to obtain a matching interior that suits the ABP exterior. Im not here for show credits or wow factor. To be honest if i were to do things the right way without factoring in the funds, i would have had everything professionally redone.. but im not financially able to throw thousands of dollars just to change the interior theme.heres my price break down so far:Suzuka blue door panels - $80 s2kisuede shift boot - $10 ebaysteering wheel - $200 (friend)blue stitching thread - $5 floor mats - ? (budget for this will be $100 or less)seats - ? (budget for this will be $600-700seat brackets - ? (already have driver side, will need to source passenger or modify oem)so all in all, im expecting to spend somewhere around $1200 MAX..for all who dont agree with my way, your telling me to go quality where each seat will cost atleast $1200 each.. thats just not worth it in my book.
Just a mild critique S2KVee, you know your own situation best and besides it's your car.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
Originally Posted by iamxpL' timestamp='1425406526' post='23525985
you should make a watch strap for me in the tomcat fabric =)

If I have enough left over after the 2 pillows, I'll send you the rest and you can make the watch strap

screen shot! yes please haha that would be awesome
Old 03-11-2015, 04:51 PM

I've always loved that color as well, especially in a Championship White car! Not sure how it would look in APB.

As for the black/yellow in the CR's, I wasn't a fan at first but I guess it grew on me. Would have been cool if the stitching could have matched the body color.
Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
I have always liked the look of a nice tan or brown interior on a blue car. I know it would be a tall order as you would have to change out a lot of the inside but it could look nice and keep that contrast without the bright yellow. This brown that wasn't offered int he US could look nice as well.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 PM

I haven't been following the thread but what about trying out clazzios that have blue stitching and/or insert?

Quick Reply: ABP with Matching interior?