S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Add Stereo to Delete CR

Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CR EH
The delete CR radio door is held in place by two set screws from behind. If you remove the screws it opens with the same hinge system, however it does not have the retainer clips to hold it in place when closed. Since I have a nice aftermarket deck and not some plain jane stock deck I just leave the door open anyways. Plus I think I would find it a pain to have to keep flipping the door down everytime you want to change any settings (remember there are also no audio controls near the steering wheel with the delete model)
How did you access the two screws from behind?

Thanks for the all help, about to start my install soon
Old 02-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Go2

his earbuds must be broke
Old 02-17-2012, 09:25 AM

Jeez its been a while so I cant exactly remember, but I believe you will need to remove the entire front piece and then unscrew them from behind. Sorry its kinda complicated to describe :S Its a bugger to pull apart for the first time but you just gotta wiggle and pry. Try not to press against the leather too much as it may cause minor defacing. Just take your time with it.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Taking that piece out is quite easy when the radio door swings out, you're going to have to be clever to get it out with that door screwed shut Matt
Old 02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by #172CR
Matt,

People have added it into the delete models, however all the necessary wiring is not present. The installation isn't too demanding though. The toughest part is getting the speaker wire from the doors into the cabin (it just takes time).

Once those are in, just constant power, accessory power and ground and you're set. Pretty straight forward.

-Ira
It's not hard!!! You just need Mr. T.......aka Mr. Tiewrap. We are talking one that's somewhere around 2 feet long! You tape your new wire to it and fish it through where the rest of the wires are in the door. Your right it just takes time.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Banned

Don't do it!!!! Rock headphones..
Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 AM

Jeez its been a while so I cant exactly remember, but I believe you will need to remove the entire front piece and then unscrew them from behind. Sorry its kinda complicated to describe :S Its a bugger to pull apart for the first time but you just gotta wiggle and pry. Try not to press against the leather too much as it may cause minor defacing. Just take your time with it.
Thank you very much for the info, I'll give it a shot soon and let you know how it goes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by newyawkballa
Don't do it!!!! Rock headphones..
I've been rocking headphones for the past year... but I race my car most weekends and the tracks are 1.5-3 hours away and it's annoying to use headphones or portable speakers all the time. I'm hoping to also drive to Nebraska later this year as well... and that is a LONG drive from Seattle
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 PM

Thanks a lot for the help

Just in case anyone else is going to tackle this in the future:

I got it out after wrestling with it for about 15 minutes, I'm REALLY glad that I ordered a set of interior trim removal tools before I started - made it a ton easier. I ended up being fairly rough with it, I inserted some wedges at the base to open a gap, then used an L-shaped screwdriver to insert on the far right side, twist, and pull back towards me to pop the clip loose. I did the same on the other side. Now, the bottom was free from the clips and so I put a couple L-shaped tools on either side and pulled back towards me to free the entire piece.

My delete did not have the factory radio mounting brackets so I'm ordering those, along with the radio door latch now. Plus, some miscellaneous screws and whatnot.

It's coming along...
Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 AM

Does the delete model have the stereo dash control panel? if.not what does that look like?

Quick Reply: Add Stereo to Delete CR