S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Berlina Black CR #35 - New Owner

Old 07-27-2015, 12:08 PM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
***UPDATE***

Previous owner told me the cruise control hasn't worked in a long time... I don't particuarly use cruise control but stuff like that bothers me so i did some research on this issue. It ended up being the clutch pedal that wasn't allowing Cruise Control to engage. I made the adjustment and viola! Cruise Control works. Love it when stuff comes together easy.

Removed the old NVIDIA Q300 Dual Exhaust that came with the car and installed the OEM CR unit back in. Im a much happier camper.

I also managed to turn off the annoying TPMS light. Any warnings or malfunction/error lights in the cluster are a huge nuisance to me and i like things to be right. Previous owner said it has been ON for awhile also which perplexed me since the TPMS sensors are still in the OEM wheels. Took it to a tire shop to have them fix it. All fixed.

Minor update. Big things coming this week.
That's great news, gotta love the easy/simple fixes! Did the tire shop say what was causing the TPMS light to display? I have the same light on on my cluster and it bothers me too... only thing I can figure is one of my sensors went bad, I'm on the stock wheels and they all have TPMS sensors in them.

Im heavily leaning towards a re-spray on the front of my car because of all the rock chips... What do you guys think? I was thinking of re-spraying the whole front end (Fenders, Hood, Bumper and lip then afterwards wrapping her in a clear bra... Rock chips on a black car are the worst and they show up harder than any other color.

Thoughts??
I'd go for it... it's in my long term plans for the car to one day get the front re-sprayed and clear bra'd. My front end could definitely be worse than it is... but it could also be better. I sometimes think if you sneezed on the paint that you would cause a chip, it seems pretty thin. I'm just waiting till down the road when it's worse and I've had enough before I pull the trigger on that.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I've opted to do a re-spray but not until after some more work is performed. After the re-spray i plan on doing the 3M clear bra.
Xpel Ultimate and Suntek are the two top tier clear bras these days. I went through everything when I was doing research to o my CR. When you get close to a clear bra shoot me a PM and I'll give you a call and explain what and how I did mine.

Just realize that you want to wait 30-90 days after paint to apply a bra.

Edit: How bad is your paint? Black is one of the easier colors to touch up as far as I'm concerned. It's dark enough that you don't see the touch-ups unless you're really looking for them. If you're front end is in ok condition I'd recommend trying to touch up the chips, lets them dry, and then clay/polish/paint correction ect the car. You might find that the chips are very difficult to see at that point. Then go have the clear bra applied.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:26 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by blueprint' timestamp='1438010229' post='23694264
I've opted to do a re-spray but not until after some more work is performed. After the re-spray i plan on doing the 3M clear bra.
Xpel Ultimate and Suntek are the two top tier clear bras these days. I went through everything when I was doing research to o my CR. When you get close to a clear bra shoot me a PM and I'll give you a call and explain what and how I did mine.

Edit: How bad is your paint? Black is one of the easier colors to touch up as far as I'm concerned. It's dark enough that you don't see the touch-ups unless you're really looking for them. If you're front end is in ok condition I'd recommend trying to touch up the chips, lets them dry, and then clay/polish/paint correction ect the car. You might find that the chips are very difficult to see at that point. Then go have the clear bra applied.
Feezy, thank you for your input. I am aware of the 30-90 days to allow the paint to mature before the bra application. A friend suggested i give this a try on my Hood/Fenders. What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.autogeek.net/dr-colorchip...ip-repair.html

I was telling Adam i want to make a trip to Arizona to meet you guys, visit SOS and have you detail my car.

Here is the kit for Berlina Black.

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-ColorChip-H...=berlina+black
Old 07-27-2015, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1438031784' post='23694750
[quote name='blueprint' timestamp='1438010229' post='23694264']

Feezy, thank you for your input. I am aware of the 30-90 days to allow the paint to mature before the bra application. A friend suggested i give this a try on my Hood/Fenders. What are your thoughts on this?

I was telling Adam i want to make a trip to Arizona to meet you guys, visit SOS and have you detail my car.
[/quote]

I wouldn't use that stuff. If you are attempting to repair chips in preparation for a clear bra you need to be using paint. Get some OEM touch up paint, and then go to Hobby Lobby and buy several boxes of ultra fine paint applicators. That's going to be the best way to touch up your car.

If you are serious about making a trip out here, I have a clear bra guy who is incredible. I have never posted pics of my CR with the bra, but he did such an awesome job. It's tucked and wrapped everywhere that it can be.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by blueprint' timestamp='1438032394' post='23694771
[quote name='Feezy' timestamp='1438031784' post='23694750']

[/quote]

I wouldn't use that stuff. If you are attempting to repair chips in preparation for a clear bra you need to be using paint. Get some OEM touch up paint, and then go to Hobby Lobby and buy several boxes of ultra fine paint applicators. That's going to be the best way to touch up your car.

If you are serious about making a trip out here, I have a clear bra guy who is incredible. I have never posted pics of my CR with the bra, but he did such an awesome job. It's tucked and wrapped everywhere that it can be.
[/quote]

Thanks! You make an excellent point about the OEM touch up paint but im to scared of over doing it and just putting blobs of touch up paint all over my cars finish. I did a respray on my blue AP2 and it came out great but it costs me almost $1500 for the Hood, Fenders, Bumper, Lip and Head lights.

I will be in touch... I dont know of any reputable clear bra people here and the one example of one i did see was poor.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1438032958' post='23694783
[quote name='blueprint' timestamp='1438032394' post='23694771']
[quote name='Feezy' timestamp='1438031784' post='23694750']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks! You make an excellent point about the OEM touch up paint but im to scared of over doing it and just putting blobs of touch up paint all over my cars finish. I did a respray on my blue AP2 and it came out great but it costs me almost $1500 for the Hood, Fenders, Bumper, Lip and Head lights.

I will be in touch... I dont know of any reputable clear bra people here and the one example of one i did see was poor.
[/quote]

I'll get someone with a camera to come over and take some pics as I touch up my AP1. It will give you a good idea of what you need to do. It is really very simple.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:29 AM

***UPDATE***

Since i have a heavy work schedule starting today and with my only day off yesterday i had a lot on my plate to finish on the CR. First order of business was to fix all the dents and dings on the car. One of my biggest pet peeves is door dents/dings, for some reason every time i look at the car it's one of those eye sores that i always continue to fixate on. So first order of business was to call my PDR guy and have him remove every single one of these imperfections. The guy is as anal and meticulous as me, we scanned the car in the sun and circled them all and he went to work. In all i believe there were 13 dings and about 4 pretty good sized dents both arround the Passenger Door and Quarter Panel. There were 2 on my new OEM hardtop that was a pain in the ass to get to but those were all also removed. She is now dent free and hopefully can continue to be.

After that I had the car SMOGGED. California requires a smog inspection to be performed prior to registration every 2 years. The car is bone stock so i had nothing to worry about. The smog guy gave me a ton of compliments on the car.

Pretty much where we stand now.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:32 AM

Next on the agenda.

I shopped around and got a few quotes on some upholstery work. The ripped seat is bugging the hell out of me. I found a great shop that can perform the work and that is next on the list. I have ordered the bottom seat cushion as well and will be sending her in as soon as i receive it.

Afterwards I have a date with my trusted detailer for a full clean both interior, exterior, underbody and engine bay. Can't wait for that.

Stay tuned.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:26 PM

How are you getting the material to redo the cushions?
Old 07-29-2015, 12:43 PM

How are you getting the material to redo the cushions?
I purchased the Seat covers from Honda and the upholstery sho said they can do the cushions and wont need those from Honda. You might have seen their work, they did a lot of cars on the Pimp My Ride show when ut was on MTV.

Quick Reply: Berlina Black CR #35 - New Owner