S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

CR REAR WING

Old 09-02-2016, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR REAR WING

Hi, I'd like to install the CR rear wing and CR specific trunk lid on my 2005 RIO YELLOW PEARL S2000. There are support / rubbing blocks fitted to the edges of the rear body opening for the trunk. Does anyone know how these are attached? Are they fastened to the body by screws, adhesive, an integral fastener pushed into a mounting hole? I'd appreciate anyone posting pictures of the trunk opening where these blocks are installed.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:35 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...gry5=TRUNK+LID
Old 09-02-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Screws.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:25 AM

Thanks so much for the quick response to my first-time post!!
The link for the CR TRUNK SPOILER parts diagram that Vanishing Point provided shows the blocks (item #24) mounted on the edge of the body opening for the trunk; however, the screws which TougeHorseman says are used to attach them are not shown or their part number listed. I guess I will have to give up being somewhat anal about using oem parts and spec my own screws; of course if anyone knows the part number that would definitely be appreciated.
I would like to see a CR in the flesh; are there any members south of Boston Massachusetts that would be willing to show me their car? Do you ever have New England CR meets that I could attend? Thanks again for all your help!
Old 09-03-2016, 04:28 AM

Oops the blocks are actually item #14 not #24 as I incorrectly listed.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're going to try to go through the trouble of retro-fitting all of the doo-dads the CR trunk has I think you're going to be better off purchasing a CR trunk used. The braces and other little bits and pieces are going to increase the cost of retro-fitting your stock trunk with the CR wing.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/978...t__p__22060559

I made a write-up in the Bay Area S2KI section regarding the cushion install. Screws and a drill is all you need to get them installed
Old 09-04-2016, 03:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

I never installed my #14s. I have tracked my S2000 w/ the CR wing pretty extensively and never had an issue.

I just didn't want to drill and holes in the body.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:57 PM

I agree; purchasing a used CR trunk lid especially one in Rio yellow Pearl would be a very viable alternative providing that shipping costs are reasonable. It was my intent to not modify the stock 2005 trunk lid; rather, to purchase the required parts to build a CR trunk lid and spoiler assembly. That way I could always return the car to its original 2005 configuration without a spoiler. I' m assuming the item # 14 cushions on both sides of the body opening for the trunk lid could remain in place and not interfere with the non CR trunk lid if it were refitted to the car. Dark falcon's pictures of the holes in the body required to mount the item #14 cushions along with the description of the back side of the cushion as having a self- adhesive gasket and two plastic fixing pins explained how Honda mounted the parts. Like freq mentioned I too have no desire to drill holes; however, Honda designed this cushion arrangement to handle the lateral and vertical loading imposed by the wing on the trunk lid; so if I'm going to use the wing I'll probably also fit the item #14 side cushions. I really appreciate everyone's input!
IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A CR RIO YELLOW PEARL TRUNK LID AND SPOILER ASSEMBLY FOR SALE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER11
IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A CR RIO YELLOW PEARL TRUNK LID AND SPOILER ASSEMBLY FOR SALE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Infinitesimal.

Quick Reply: CR REAR WING