S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Do people ever ask you why you put on that "wing"

Old 05-30-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

ditto, been asked that too. not a lot of ppl know the CR even exists...just us enthusiasts
Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like my rice wing. Who cares what people say? Just say, "Yea, it's a nice wing huh?" Then, smile.

I actually want a bigger wing because I think the car could use a little more downforce. I've chatted with Evasive and of course, I will need a little moola to get what I want. The conversation basically led to: if I wanted a wing that mounts onto the Type-S/CR trunk, they can get Voltex to do it...so tempting.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes all the time at autocross they ask me why I chose such a garrish wing lol. I tell them its so I can use it as a table and then I take out my subway and eat my lunch off of it!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:25 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
I know its functional and I still feel its ricey
Same here. Sometimes I miss not having a cleaner and simpler S2000. My friends give me sh!t for being a ricer even though they race with me and want my car lol. Wheels, wing, race seats - all functional but ricers have them too

Originally Posted by takchi
I actually want a bigger wing because I think the car could use a little more downforce. I've chatted with Evasive and of course, I will need a little moola to get what I want. The conversation basically led to: if I wanted a wing that mounts onto the Type-S/CR trunk, they can get Voltex to do it...so tempting.
Very tempting. Group buy?

Originally Posted by Kieran650@msn.com
Yes all the time at autocross they ask me why I chose such a garrish wing lol. I tell them its so I can use it as a table and then I take out my subway and eat my lunch off of it!
I do that too! Usually at S2000 meets. A lot of other S2k owners cringe when I do this
Old 05-31-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patinum
Originally Posted by Kieran650@msn.com' timestamp='1306856031' post='20633763
I do that too! Usually at S2000 meets. A lot of other S2k owners cringe when I do this
I've done that a few times at non-s2k meets It's even better when you go along with it and put your breakfast/lunch on it while you eat....
Old 05-31-2011, 01:23 PM

So it has other purpose as a dinning table though ive never utilized the wing as that
Old 06-01-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL good topic - I get crap for it almost daily from people wondering why I would ditch my clean oem lip spoiler for this setup! I just tell them it's my car and my money
Old 06-06-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif
Do people ever ask why you put on that "wing?" A few people at car meets were trying to call me a ricer and and asked why I put the spoiler on...And it was funny when we informed them that it is a factory spoiler. I went to Chinatown last night with my friends 08 S/C Si for some bubble tea. He pulls in and these cute asian girls start telling him they love how his car sounds...Then I pull in and they lose it. The asian girls said they loved my car ect...Then some guys that were with them said "You think you're fast huh" I was like?? Then he started talking about the spoiler, and I informed him it was factory...He said " Does it make the car fly?" (trying to be a smart ass) Before I could answer he ran away...LOL
...dude... you left out so many important details here. having a cr is nice , but nearly irrelevant given your story. 1) girls in chinatown??? that dig the sound of a civic? 2) these girls like your car even more??? i have NEVER EVER ONCE met any girls in any asianny area (monterey park, arcadia, rowland heights, etc.) that genuinely liked rice rockets (as opposed to say having to like their bf's cars and interests.) so, i say... wtf? did you talk to them!?!?, cause otherwise you missed the chance of a lifetime!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
I know its functional and I still feel its ricey
I wonder if anyone felt that way about the ITR wing when it first debuted
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 AM

I hated it, but now I can't imagine the car without a wing!

Quick Reply: Do people ever ask you why you put on that "wing"