S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Four of a kind, or Four Aces.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Four of a kind, or Four Aces.

As some of you know I've been looking for a GPW CR for some time now. There have been several, one very close to me that I considered purchasing, but I felt this last one needed to be a truly special car. I searched online here and even overseas looking for this car, all the while knowing there might only be one for sale that fit the bill. I wanted another delete CR, but an even rarer model a GPW delete CR. I figured this car would either be a tracked or Auto-x'd and was prepared for a less than "pristine" car. It has been a long haul, with many dead ends, and missed opportunities. But in the end I was able to find this rare gem from a current CR Roll Call member and I could not be happier!

This car has quite a auto-x/Solo history to it, it has won several championships with it's current owner and I'm proud to be it's new owner. The car has been returned to it's stock OEM configuration, save a few things, and in the very near future the car will have some paint/body work done to it. Other than that the car is immaculate. The car is to be delivered hopefully prior to the end of this month, and I'm anxious to see it alongside it's CR brethren. I've promised pictures, and I will, but give me a little time as I'm reorganizing my garage space as I write this post. Thanks to Marc Pfannenschmidt and David Goatly for all your help, e-mails, hard work and parts.

Here is the original link to the car and one teaser shot of CR #248.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/974...8-s2000-cr-fs/
Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Wow amazing and congrats! I cant wait to see them all together. Is this new car coming with all the Autox parts, or did you just buy the car in its stock form? You need to do a timeline write up like me showing your acquisition of all your cars . We need to just do a CR meet at your house since you already have 4 there...
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! How much was the entire package if you don't mind sharing?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, congrats!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so your the lucky devil that took mark/c's CR! This car was present at my first auto-x and I am very jealous and envious! the original owner is an outstanding guy too (from the limited time I have spent talking to him). Beautiful car!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

The car was purchased in as close to stock form as possible, Marc has either sold or is selling the rather extensive list of suspension and other bits separately. I'm very excited to have this car, and with it's history, it cannot get any better.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-19-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a good feeling it was you . Congratz! Now post some pix of all four of the Aces!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Wow amazing and congrats! I cant wait to see them all together. Is this new car coming with all the Autox parts, or did you just buy the car in its stock form? You need to do a timeline write up like me showing your acquisition of all your cars . We need to just do a CR meet at your house since you already have 4 there...
Definitely write up a timeline!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!

Quick Reply: Four of a kind, or Four Aces.