S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

I want a delete model Cr

Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daily hooptie, is a EF hatch with no A/c. When I bought it, there was no radio too. I drove without one for about 4 months. As for the CR weight, Base 2008 S2000 is 2864 (good lord). A CR with audio and A/C is 2855. A delete model CR with the Hardtop on, is 2813 lbs. A delete model with the Hardtop off is 2765 lbs. This is off the 2008 brochure in front of me. U save 9 lbs over a base S2000,hard top on. But your right, sort of..
Old 07-02-2011, 01:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by newyawkballa
I'd rather get a Lotus Elise, then pay these ballooned prices...Chrome orange baby..

You would rather spend $10k more for a car that isn't a whole lot faster, has a Toyota drivetrain, is dangerous as f*** in an accident and costs 3 times as much to maintain? I think I would MUCH rather buy a delete model CR and put the extra $10k into a suspension and intake/exhaust with money left over for aesthetics. You would have a faster, safer, more reliable, cheaper to maintain/insure car.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it's pure preference if you want AC or not. The AC in the CR isn't very strong, but it's helpful when the outside ambient temperatures do get hot. The hardtop is black on all CR models so it'll soak heat no matter what. What you can do, since you're hardcore enough, is put a layer of heat wrap tape on the hardtop to cool the cabin temps down by about 10degrees or so. You'll also get a shiny hardtop that people will not want to look at when the sun is out.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're talking about the Rio At Bradenton Honda it has AC and Radio...
Old 07-02-2011, 04:06 PM

balla, with enough patience, you're gonna find this delete model. They shouldn't be any harder than finding a GPW CR. Good luck with your search! See you in the chatroom!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Banned

You can get a Lotus Elise for $25k to 30k. I have seen quite a few for $27/28k. I'm not one of those guys where if my local dealership and the next town over doesn't have it, I don't get it. I have no problem going 15 hours away to get something. Long story short, Elise's are going for the same price as CR's. As for the Rio, I'm aware it has The radio/A/C....They also want $28.9k for it.. I might go over there after the beach and window shop a Lil.. When it comes to CR's, it has to be Apb, GPW, Rio and BB. I'm not crazy about the CR in Rio. I like it in regular form....
Old 07-02-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm glad you like the blue CR's, the color is Apex Blue Pearl or ABP not Apb! Those that own one are kinda particular about how our cars are perceived. Good luck in your search no matter what color you settle on!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
I'm glad you like the blue CR's, the color is Apex Blue Pearl or ABP not Apb! Those that own one are kinda particular about how our cars are perceived. Good luck in your search no matter what color you settle on!
Hrmmm... A delete model in Florida, eh? Hardcore! I don't mind the lack of a stereo, I just bring headphones and plug one ear in so I can listen to podcasts - but I missed A/C today when it was 82 out (hot for Seattle) and I had to drive about 4 hours in traffic with the hard top off. I recently bought an '08 delete with 7500 miles, 5.5 years left on bumper-to-bumper warranty, clear bra, great condition, etc. for $28K - I didn't bargain when I saw it listed, I just put down a deposit and said I'd pay asking price. It was really tough to find a nice one that was really well taken care of, I was pleasantly surprised it was a delete model when I picked it up and found that I couldn't open the radio cover, saw the stereo buttons were blank, and the AC was all warm air
Old 07-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
That was a typo. Check my other posts where it is correct.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned

Ya right.LOL..Sorry

Quick Reply: I want a delete model Cr