S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Moving back to California

Old 07-23-2018, 02:56 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Moving back to California

CR friends - after 18 years in Arizona I'm moving back to California. North State to be exact - in the Shasta County area of Redding. Got a job advancement opportunity and my wife and I will be living up there starting August. Just came back from a quick trip to find a place to live for the next 6 months or so before we decide on permanent housing solutions. We will miss Arizona but look forward to new surroundings with mountains, lakes, and a smaller town environment. Looking forward to discovering some new roads and getting back into some serious hiking and cycling. Plus it's only 1.15 hours away from Thunderhill Raceway. So the area should feed my need for speed 😜
Old 07-23-2018, 07:38 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Congratulations on the move, that's quite the move but the change of scenery should be great. Hope your move goes smoothly.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:18 AM

Received 1,568 Likes on 932 Posts

I am east of Sacramento, up in the foothills and I can tell you without reservation that God made this part of the world just for the S2000. Tons of 2 lane roads all over the Sierras, coastline (Hwy1) National Parks, State Parks, deserts, mountains (Tioga Pass, Sonora Pass etc) There is too much to list here. BTW, an outfit in a burb of Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, has Driving Ambition that only work/race NSX and S2000s. When they are there, LOL!

I hate the taxes, politics, and lack of infrastructure but the state is so beautiful to drive in. You mentioned hiking. Check out Desolation Wilderness. Super fast way to get in deep to the wilderness. I am heading up for a week next week of backpacking to Lake Aloha and American Lake from Echo Lake.

First opening day Tioga Pass (Yosemite)

Lake Aloha, Desolation Wilderness

Part of American Lake, Desolation Wilderness
Old 07-24-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Welcome back!
Old 07-24-2018, 06:30 PM

Received 1,568 Likes on 932 Posts

Forgot to mention, check out this site. Pashnit. Big California motorcycle club/site/road guide. Great for the S2000. I use the cycle pump and plug gun for flat repair in my S.

About Us
Old 07-26-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Congratulations on the move, that's quite the move but the change of scenery should be great. Hope your move goes smoothly.
Thank you....you know how difficult it is to move after you've been in one place for a while.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
I am east of Sacramento, up in the foothills and I can tell you without reservation that God made this part of the world just for the S2000. Tons of 2 lane roads all over the Sierras, coastline (Hwy1) National Parks, State Parks, deserts, mountains (Tioga Pass, Sonora Pass etc) There is too much to list here. BTW, an outfit in a burb of Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, has Driving Ambition that only work/race NSX and S2000s. When they are there, LOL!

I hate the taxes, politics, and lack of infrastructure but the state is so beautiful to drive in. You mentioned hiking. Check out Desolation Wilderness. Super fast way to get in deep to the wilderness. I am heading up for a week next week of backpacking to Lake Aloha and American Lake from Echo Lake.

First opening day Tioga Pass (Yosemite)

Lake Aloha, Desolation Wilderness

Part of American Lake, Desolation Wilderness
Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Forgot to mention, check out this site. Pashnit. Big California motorcycle club/site/road guide. Great for the S2000. I use the cycle pump and plug gun for flat repair in my S.

About Us
Thanks for all the information. The little I've seen in the two days I was there got me excited. I even found a couple of twisty back roads to drive. Once I get settled, I will definitely explore. Luckily I also have a work site to visit from time to time in Mount Shasta. That drive should be a lot of fun. I also saw 3 S2000's when in town so hopefully there is a small community of owners.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:15 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Sandeep has the Carr fire impacted your move?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 AM

Somewhat. I've started helping the community remotely already with efforts. Real estate is a tough commodity right now. The fire has destroyed over 1000 homes. Luckily my rental is okay. But my permanent housing plans may consist of just extending my rental lease another 6 months. Thanks for asking.

Here's an interesting look at the market.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:04 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Those are some stunning pictures!

Quick Reply: Moving back to California