S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Product Evaluation- Aquartz Iron Cut

Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Let me try to answer the questions raised. To Mike, personally I will say (based on one use) this product could be used in lieu of clay. I can let everyone know if this is true when I do another car as they have been clayed prior to polishing/waxing.
To CR Matey, I'll have to compare labels and update this post. I like the fact this product can literally be used over the entire car, paint, glass and wheels (I haven't used it on wheels as I used Sonax) so it's universal.

For a better, more technical explanation of this product I would pm or email Phil at Detailers Domain. The pictures at the bottom of the link I attached are pretty indicative of the products effectiveness
Old 01-25-2013, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very similar to other iron out products for detailing. This does more than a clay bar can as it gets into every nook and cranny. It is worth it when doing a full polish.

This is what we use Iron X

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html
Old 01-25-2013, 05:05 AM

To update my prior post it seems Sonax and Iron Cut share similar composition, but i don't know that they are equally effective. Frankly for the cost savings I would use the Iron Cut over Sonax myself, especially with Iron Cut being on sale right now. Overall whatever product you use, the claying process can either be eliminated or greatly reduced depending on your own expectations detailing wise.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...l-cleaner.html

As a side note, if your still using clay (I do in tight areas on cars) you might want to look into the Nanoskin Autoscrub. Another great product for prepping your cars paint.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Good stuff here. I have had my eye on the whole Aquartz lineup. Iron cut first, the usual M105/M205 combo, then Aquartz Titanium Nano Coating followed up with their Reload. I am intrigued by the Titanium Nano because it claims to but a "shell" on your car and is given an actual hardness rating. I have always felt that the 08 scratches very very easily (the ABP shows it easily too) so applying a product that puts a hard shell over the car sounds like a step in the right direction...if it really works.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Aquar...ing_p_525.html

I am fully stocked on all my current detailing products so I dont foresee trying the Aquartz Titanium anytime soon, but I may have to buy the Iron cut.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 AM

I'm going to do the ABP CR next, should be a good test since it's been recently clayed and I didn't remove much debris to speak of and I spent 1 hour doing it.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Good stuff here. I have had my eye on the whole Aquartz lineup. Iron cut first, the usual M105/M205 combo, then Aquartz Titanium Nano Coating followed up with their Reload. I am intrigued by the Titanium Nano because it claims to but a "shell" on your car and is given an actual hardness rating. I have always felt that the 08 scratches very very easily (the ABP shows it easily too) so applying a product that puts a hard shell over the car sounds like a step in the right direction...if it really works.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Aquar...ing_p_525.html

I am fully stocked on all my current detailing products so I dont foresee trying the Aquartz Titanium anytime soon, but I may have to buy the Iron cut.
I thought I was crazy, but I could definitely tell a difference in paint between my 08 & 09 compared to my old 06 & 03. Seems the paint got softer in the last years. Honda skimping on costs while producing the last S2000s?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:09 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I think there were new paint regulations imposed in the more recent production years that required a different base of the actual paint. I can't remember where I read that though
Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, just ordered it, looking forward to summer to do a detail!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:45 AM

I think Honda skimped on the clear coat, especially on the front surfaces.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
I think Honda skimped on the clear coat, especially on the front surfaces.
I agree, I have a lot of rock chips where my paint protection doesn't cover

Quick Reply: Product Evaluation- Aquartz Iron Cut