S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Alpine install - cde195bt - no dash controls

Old 07-12-2018, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine install - cde195bt - no dash controls

Hi all... hoping for a bit of help....
I bought an Alpine CDE195BT along with an 'Autoleads PC99-X61 Adapter Harness' and an 'Autoleads PC99-Alpine Stalk Patch Lead' to upgrade the original head unit in my S2000.

I have connected everything up according to the instructions... the new head unit works... getting power, sound etc, but the dash controls are not working.

I have attached photos of how the set up is sitting. There are a few cables not connected, but ive experimented with these to no avail. The two brown leads coming out of the head unit (REM01 & REM02) are labeled as 'Steering Remote Control IN1 and IN2' in the Alpine manual. The pink wire to the right hand side of the second pic has a label saying 'Connect to Mute of aftermarket head unit'... ive no idea of what to connect this to as nothing on the head unit seems to be associated with 'Mute'.

The other possible problem is the loop that is created with the peach wires from the Autoleads black box. As far as I follow the instructions, this is what you are meant to do, but im not sure about this as why would this have connectors rather than just a single looped wire like the yellow ones on the same box? One thought was that these were to connect to the brown wires REM01 and REM02, but both of these are male connectors and obv the peach wires from the Autoleads box are one male, one female.

The black double wire coming from the Alpine Stalk Patch lead (beside the peach looped leads) has a headphone jack connector... maybe this is in the wrong connection? I assumed black to black.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone had any advice or have maybe experienced similar problems and sorted it.

Thanks
James
Old 07-12-2018, 10:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Go to Modifry Products

Find the Modifry DCI as well as the Plug and Play adapter harness for Alpine and order both.

The dash controls in the S2000 are complicated and Modifry developed a custom solution that restores (and adds) functionality.

I am not sure about the multiple remote inputs on this head unit though. You might need to inquire with Modifry about that. (FYI, the developer is out of town for 10 days so might be a little slow to respond).
The following users liked this post:
jarbinson (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 12:44 PM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

ok, poking around the CDE-195bt manual suggests the following:
  1. the "adaptive steering remote" inputs are for a different Alpine adapter
  2. the normal remote interface, which uses a headphone-style plug, is the lower jack in the middle, labeled "8" on the diagram
  3. the headunit does not appear to support a hardwired mute, so you are correct that the pink wire has nowhere to go. Unless the Autoleads supports a software mute (as Modifry's does), mute won't work
I'd try plugging the black plug into 8 and see if you can get at least the non-mute dash functions working. Note that the one above it is for a microphone.

HTH!
The following users liked this post:
jarbinson (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 01:04 AM

Excellent! Thanks oth... That sorted it. Exactly as you said... all dash controls now work bar the mute. Seems so obvious once you pointed it out! Now to finish fitting it and actually be able to play some decent tunes

Cheers!
Old 07-14-2018, 02:06 AM

Few follow up notes for anyone who finds this thread useful. I finished the install, the Alpine CDE195BT fitted nicely with the Head Unit dash cover still being able to be closed. The Autoleads setup though is very bulky for the space. There isn't much to work with and it was a squeeze to get it in... I needed an extra set of hands to work the leads in place. Also... when attaching the two brackets from the original head unit to the new one, I needed to add a couple of washers to bulk out the brackets a bit to get them to align, the Alpine head unit must be a few mm thinner than the original one. (Note, my S2000 is AP2)