S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Any stereo upgrade recommended?

Old 05-26-2020, 05:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got UTE-73BT... installing it tomorrow. Form what I researched here on the forum, I should be able to close the radio door.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo
By the way, here's how it looks in my car. Sorry for the glare, it's sunset and there's not much I can do about that. Haha

It's an extra module that you link up your aftermarket stereo so you can retain your stereo button controls by the starter button. Those buttons are only mapped to your factory stereo. Yank out the factory stereo, and they're useless.

Annnnnnd, I'll be the first to admit I'm spoiled by modern(ish) cars with their big giant buttons (pre-tablet screens garbage). You are not going to enjoy the tiny buttons on a single din interface.

https://modifry.com/index.php?route=...ufacturer_id=1

I got one, the only button that I cannot retain function is the MUTE button. But everything works flawlessly and I barely have to touch the actual stereo. (just like OEM)
yeah I really like the kenwood, and totally dig this modifry thing for sure thanks for he assist !
Old 05-26-2020, 07:59 PM

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Blurry picture, but here's a night time picture and how you can set the lighting to match the interior.

The following users liked this post:
Bmtgenius (05-27-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 08:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer all have digital media receivers that will do what you need for relatively cheap.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't want a CD player, only needed Bluetooth, Pandora and Spotify. The newest head unit that ticked all those boxes and came with Bluetooth 4.2 (none have incorporated 5.0 yet) is the Kenwood KMM-X704. Most head units only have Bluetooth 4.0. Cost $130 and was the newest digital media receiver I could find when I went to purchase in March. This paired with Modifry DCI have been awesome so far. I was able to color match the dashboard lights as well. Highly recommend.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo
Blurry picture, but here's a night time picture and how you can set the lighting to match the interior.

i ended up going with a kenwood, and got the dci from modifry, got one of the newer kenwoods but dimensions are more or less the same.... went with crutchfield they always seem to have everything i need, thanks for the advice i really appreciate it!!
Old 06-03-2020, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by servantz
I didn't want a CD player, only needed Bluetooth, Pandora and Spotify. The newest head unit that ticked all those boxes and came with Bluetooth 4.2 (none have incorporated 5.0 yet) is the Kenwood KMM-X704. Most head units only have Bluetooth 4.0. Cost $130 and was the newest digital media receiver I could find when I went to purchase in March. This paired with Modifry DCI have been awesome so far. I was able to color match the dashboard lights as well. Highly recommend.
yeah i think thats the one i ended up buying it was the newer one, im glad you like it, im sure i will as well, did the same thing modifry dci, so im pretty pumped to listen to anything but am/fm and my old book o' CD's lol
Old 06-03-2020, 05:18 PM

Received 1,477 Likes on 992 Posts

Alpine CDE-SXM 145BT (Bluetooth). Been in car for about 5 years, now. No problems.

I highly recommend a powered subwoofer. I have a Focal SW.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by servantz
I am in the process of getting this radio for my 2009 s2000. Could you please advise if any newer models have been released for this radio which also include 5.0 bluetooth? Lastly, could you please point me out to which modifry version you had to order for this specific unit and advise if all the factory buttons work? (Including mute). Thanks in advance!
seawolfxix (10-14-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by v1ndiesel
I am in the process of getting this radio for my 2009 s2000. Could you please advise if any newer models have been released for this radio which also include 5.0 bluetooth? Lastly, could you please point me out to which modifry version you had to order for this specific unit and advise if all the factory buttons work? (Including mute). Thanks in advance!
Also interested in this info.
seawolfxix (10-19-2021)

Quick Reply: Any stereo upgrade recommended?